This is what I wanna see!

Soxplosion

OK I didnt start watching til the seventh but it seems like this team actually started showing some heart today. The Sox won and Garland pitched well, obviously, but there are some other positives.

-First, I loved Carlos double in the seventh. It was the first play I saw on TV and I loved it. For anyone else that a single but Carlos knew he was going two the moment he hit that. I loved his hustle, chugging it all the way and never hesitating. I love that guy.

-Second, Thomas hit a homerun. I always like that. This guy is finding his swing and hes gonna be a scary mofo this year.

-Third, and most importantly, Garland retaliating against Mientcewicz. That was huge. Pitchers willing to get themselves ejected to show some punk ya cant be hitting their star slugger are special. That what made Rocky Biddle great. I wish someone pegged AJ as well but well get him tommorrow. Things like this, where teammates stand up for eachother, turn teams around. Did for us in 2000. And did ya notice that yet another member of the Twins is afraid to charge the mound. Mientcewicz and the rest of his buds are all talk and no do. Cowards. Jon shouldnt walked right up to Dougie and planted his fist right in his face. I hate those guys, hope we get into a real brawl tommorrow. Frank, Lee, Garland and everyone is coming out with their fists clenched. Well take all the suspensions but all those punkass Twins will spend the rest of the season in the ICU... :headbang :headbang

Oh there was one negative today. What is up with Koch. He had like 88 on his fastball. Something is definitely not right there, not to mention the two run show he gave up.

Overall this game was great, the most important game of the season thus far.

garland standing up for maggs was big...

still have stuff to improve on..in a 3 inning run we left 8 guys on base...only scoring one run...8 guys in 3 innings...we still are not situational hitting at all

i would check our record in one run or tied games from the 7th inning on ..when we are winning 60% of those kinds of games then i would say this team has figured it out..

Oh there was one negative today. What is up with Koch. He had like 88 on his fastball. Something is definitely not right there, not to mention the two run show he gave up

This was wrong. I was at the game and he was coming up 93-94 on the gun with his fastball. That dropped third strike ended up costing him two runs tonight.

This was Franks best game all year. His HR was a line drive to the gap, vintage Thomas. It was out of the park in a heartbeat. The other Thomas HR's this year have been hit very high. In other words he got under them, but was strong enough to muscle it out. His basehit was a shot into RF with a runner on. He looked to move the runner along, or hit it in the hole. Turns out he hits it HARD, and gets the bonus of a basehit.

This was also the best Maggs has hit the ball all year. He was hitting the ball the other way, and on a line. Both of his HR's were out of the park in a heartbeat, not to mention hitting an opposite field two run HR off of wonderboy himself, Johan Santana. Very encouraging signs. :cheers

garland standing up for maggs was big...

still have stuff to improve on..in a 3 inning run we left 8 guys on base...only scoring one run...8 guys in 3 innings...we still are not situational hitting at all

i would check our record in one run or tied games from the 7th inning on ..when we are winning 60% of those kinds of games then i would say this team has figured it out..

I notice that you forget to mention how HUGE Carlos was tonight...lol...Ok, go ahead, be that way!!! But don't come crying to me when he becomes an All Star!!! :headbang

You can't say things didn't go our way though. Minny hung in there and battled it out....and two very little things helped us win this game.

First of all....Crede's ducksnort into RF. How in the blue-hell did that ball fall in? He just stuck his bat out and the ball hit the ground....simply amazing. He looks real s***ty up there are the plate right now.

Next....in the 8th or whenever it was that Maggs hit his second homer....Thomas had a 2-2 count....and he went around...and it was quite obvious. Everyone on the field knew it....except the first base ump. Thomas walked on the next pitch....and the next batter....Maggs stepped up and knocked one out. I think there were two outs at the time...though I'm not sure.

We played better....but had we been in Minny's shoes and Minny been in our shoes this game....we woulda lost about 12-2....or something close to that.

Heather...I'm happy for Carlos. Helping one or two of my fantasy teams. I don't think he'll be an all-star for us....he'll have to keep this s*** up for a while.

First of all....Crede's ducksnort into RF.  How in the blue-hell did that ball fall in?  He just stuck his bat out and the ball hit the ground....simply amazing.  He looks real s***ty up there are the plate right now.

That was the singlemost exciting play of the game. I think he was just trying to check his swing or something. It didn't look like anything close to a swing!

This was wrong.  I was at the game and he was coming up 93-94 on the gun with his fastball.  That dropped third strike ended up costing him two runs tonight.

The Gun on Wgn was Wacko. How ya tell me Gordon is gonna blow away hitter with an 84 MPH fastball. And Koch was only hitting 86. No way that gun is right

That was the singlemost exciting play of the game.  I think he was just trying to check his swing or something.  It didn't look like anything close to a swing!

Hawk was laughing his ass off too. Hell, Hawk was laughing his ass off a lot tonight. Except for when Garland got ejected(which was BS), he was laughing at a lot of things. I know he laughed at Fetters's windup....and he was laughing at Crede....and I think I'm missing a thing or two as well.

I still can't believe how terrible he looked on that swing. I don't think that qualifies as a swing. I don't know what the hell he was doing or what he was even trying to do.

Hawk was laughing his ass off too.  Hell, Hawk was laughing his ass off a lot tonight.  Except for when Garland got ejected(which was BS), he was laughing at a lot of things.  I know he laughed at Fetters's windup....and he was laughing at Crede....and I think I'm missing a thing or two as well.

I still can't believe how terrible he looked on that swing. I don't think that qualifies as a swing.  I don't know what the hell he was doing or what he was even trying to do.

its a rbi line drive single in the box score tomorrow :)

This was wrong.  I was at the game and he was coming up 93-94 on the gun with his fastball.  That dropped third strike ended up costing him two runs tonight.

The Gun on Wgn was Wacko. How ya tell me Gordon is gonna blow away hitter with an 84 MPH fastball. And Koch was only hitting 86. No way that gun is right

I was kinda thinking that too. Kochs first pitch looked pretty hard. And it was only saying 88. I thought that was a bit weird, but hey, I had nothing else to go by...

Next....in the 8th or whenever it was that Maggs hit his second homer....Thomas had a 2-2 count....and he went around...and it was quite obvious.  Everyone on the field knew it....except the first base ump.  Thomas walked on the next pitch

Dont you think the ump owed it to us? Theyve made plenty of questionable calls against us, about time they made one for us...

The homerun by Maggs (2nd) against Santana was great hitting, and he hitted a great pitcher who hadn't give up a earned run all year!!! Frank is coming and Carlos needs that mentality of the 2nd half of last year... take more balls and get on-base... more walks than Ks. With that we will have a great season by this guys :cheers

You can't say things didn't go our way though.  Minny hung in there and battled it out....and two very little things helped us win this game. 

First of all....Crede's ducksnort into RF.  How in the blue-hell did that ball fall in?  He just stuck his bat out and the ball hit the ground....simply amazing.  He looks real s***ty up there are the plate right now. 

Next....in the 8th or whenever it was that Maggs hit his second homer....Thomas had a 2-2 count....and he went around...and it was quite obvious.  Everyone on the field knew it....except the first base ump.  Thomas walked on the next pitch....and the next batter....Maggs stepped up and knocked one out.  I think there were two outs at the time...though I'm not sure.

We played better....but had we been in Minny's shoes and Minny been in our shoes this game....we woulda lost about 12-2....or something close to that.

Heather...I'm happy for Carlos.  Helping one or two of my fantasy teams.  I don't think he'll be an all-star for us....he'll have to keep this s*** up for a while.

It was actually better than that. 2 down, nobody on, Frank down 0-2 in the count to Santana, who was pitching great. 3rd pitch ball, then the swing and a miss that wasn't called. Frank yelled out "dammit" as he tried to check it up, but apparently the 1st base ump didn't care. Then 2 straight balls and Frank is on base, and Magglio take it out to RF for a 5 run lead.

Definitely Frank's best game of the year...2 for 3, 2 walks, HR, 2 runs scored

But, most importantly, a MUCH needed Sox victory. :)

Dont you think the ump owed it to us? Theyve made plenty of questionable calls against us, about time they made one for us...

An ump should NEVER owe a team anything. You don't try to even up the calls. You call it as you see it. Some games will end up in favor of one team.

We didn't deserve it....but we were lucky enough to get it. It put the game out of reach more Minny....and that's the important thing.