6/21/05 Game Thread CWS vs KC

knightni

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Frank will probably be watching the finale. Tough call for Ozzie. You don't want guys to think one bad outing and they will be grabbing some bench, but with Carl needing ABs . . .

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
Wow, Frank has the hat-trick tonight.

Some bad luck for Frank, that first strikeout was just an ugly swing but the last two he's just had two beautiful pitches made by the pitchers to k him.

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 07:09 PM)
Frank will probably be watching the finale. Tough call for Ozzie. You don't want guys to think one bad outing and they will be grabbing some bench, but with Carl needing ABs . . .

I want Frank to get the rest. He's been out for a year...no reason to play him 3 games in a row. None at all. I know Carl needs AB's, but I'm more worried about keeping Frank healthy, and that's an even better reason to sit him 1 time per series.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:12 PM)
I want Frank to get the rest.  He's been out for a year...no reason to play him 3 games in a row.  None at all.  I know Carl needs AB's, but I'm more worried about keeping Frank healthy, and that's an even better reason to sit him 1 time per series.

Excellent point. I also like Frank in late inning pitch hitting spots.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 10:09 PM)

J.P. Howell is a lefty and Carl is getting his cuts tonight. I'd rest Frank on Thursday with the rest of them.

Edited by ottawa_sox

I hope ozzie uses damaso for the 9th, he hasn't pitched much since he came back after the litte layoff, the times he's been out there his stuff has looked great hopefully he just needs to get out there to shake off some rust. It'd be a huge if we can get the Damaso of old back for the rest of this season.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
I hope ozzie uses damaso for the 9th, he hasn't pitched much since he came back after the litte layoff, the times he's been out there his stuff has looked great hopefully he just needs to get out there to shake off some rust.  It'd be a huge if we can get the Damaso of old back for the rest of this season.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
I'd keep Garland in to close it out.

Well good thing I'm managing and you're not :lol: :P

Edited by Rowand44

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:17 PM)
100 pitches for Garland.

I send him out there & give him the chance for a 3 hit shutout...anyone gets on I bring in Marte.

I'm guessing that's exactly what OZ will do. Maybe even allow a second baserunner.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:16 PM)
I hope ozzie uses damaso for the 9th, he hasn't pitched much since he came back after the litte layoff, the times he's been out there his stuff has looked great hopefully he just needs to get out there to shake off some rust.  It'd be a huge if we can get the Damaso of old back for the rest of this season.

If Marte is in there for the 9th, they better have someone else warming just in case. When Marte sucks, he is the definition of suck and he'll make a lead go away just like that.