6/21/05 Game Thread CWS vs KC

knightni

• Replies 397
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
Is he pitching well or are our hitters being morons again and swinging at everything?

Well, a little bit of column A, a little bit of column B. It seems like he's settling into a groove though.

Greinke is working a little bit, 32 pitches through 2 innings.

For the record, two close plays at 1B and Froemming called both against the Sox. Although I think he was correct on both calls.

It merits watching though. I don't trust Froemming or Wendelstedt.

I used to talk to weber frequently when I was at SIU. He was awesome, a really nice and genuine guy. He hooked us up when we were in the "dawg pound" in the arena, always getting us free stuff.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 07:33 PM)
Is he pitching well or are our hitters being morons again and swinging at everything?

i've noticed on this board that unless you're colon or santana, it's impossible for a starter to ever have a good game against us. it's ALWAYS our hitters.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 05:38 PM)
i've noticed on this board that unless you're colon or santana, it's impossible for a starter to ever have a good game against us. it's ALWAYS our hitters.

Yeah, but there are some people we should beat who somehow always seem to rise to the occasion against us. Some of that can't just be the starter having a good game. Some of that has to be our hitters making it easy for the starter to have a good game...taking strikes, swinging at balls, etc.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 07:40 PM)
Yeah, but there are some people we should beat who somehow always seem to rise to the occasion against us.  Some of that can't just be the starter having a good game.  Some of that has to be our hitters making it easy for the starter to have a good game...taking strikes, swinging at balls, etc.

i agree our so-so hitting is to blame a lot, but greinke's good, despite what his ERA and almighty WHIP show.