I'm a New Guy

MinnySoxFan

I popped in on the Gameday thread but that one gets moving pretty fast, so I thought I'd post here.

I've been lurking for a few months after searching for a good place to read about the Sox. I'm originally from Minnesota and now live in Madison. I love the Sox but like the Twins also, although not nearly as much as the Sox.

So anyways, this is a great board and I'm looking forward to reading and posting with ya'll. I really feel this team has that "it" thing that a team needs to do well in the playoffs and I think we can do it. I'd love to see Frank finally get that ring.

Go Sox!!!

P.S. Does anyone know when the "bark in the park" or whatever the game is called is, where fans can bring their dogs to the game?

QUOTE(MinnySoxFan @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
I popped in on the Gameday thread but that one gets moving pretty fast, so I thought I'd post here.

I've been lurking for a few months after searching for a good place to read about the Sox.  I'm originally from Minnesota and now live in Madison.  I love the Sox but like the Twins also, although not nearly as much as the Sox.

So anyways, this is a great board and I'm looking forward to reading and posting with ya'll.  I really feel this team has that "it" thing that a team needs to do well in the playoffs and I think we can do it.  I'd love to see Frank finally get that ring.

Go Sox!!!

P.S.  Does anyone know when the "bark in the park" or whatever the game is called is, where fans can bring their dogs to the game?

Welcome to Soxtalk! :cheers

And Dog Day already happened.

QUOTE(MinnySoxFan @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:36 PM)

I've been lurking for a few months after searching for a good place to read about the Sox.  I'm originally from Minnesota and now live in Madison.  I love the Sox but like the Twins also, although not nearly as much as the Sox.

So anyways, this is a great board and I'm looking forward to reading and posting with ya'll.  I really feel this team has that "it" thing that a team needs to do well in the playoffs and I think we can do it.  I'd love to see Frank finally get that ring.

Go Sox!!!

P.S.  Does anyone know when the "bark in the park" or whatever the game is called is, where fans can bring their dogs to the game?

:nono

welcome aboard :cheers

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:24 PM)
welcome to soxtalk  :headbang  :gosox3:

and minnesotasoxfan got booted... he seemed like he was one of the biggest posters what happened there?

He is a moron. Basically sums up that.

He has been suspended numerous times and has talked lots of s*** about soxtalk and still continues to come back some how. He always use to im willie and i about how he was gonna commit suicide when he was once banned. Call me a bad person but i could have cared less if he did. He was nothing but a dick head.

Edited by qwerty

QUOTE(CaliSoxFanViaSWside @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:23 PM)
Welcome aboard. :drink  Minnesota got booted ?  I remember when I was new he offered to make me a sig. He seemed pretty cool.

Yea, he made some stupid decisons. And wasnt liked to much by the higher ups...

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:25 PM)
He is a moron. Basically sums up that.

He has been suspended numerous times and has talked lots of s*** about soxtalk and still continues to come back some how. He always use to im willie and i about how he was gonna commit suicide when he was once banned. Call me a bad person but i could have cared less if he did. He was nothing but a dick head.

Believe me that does not make you a bad person, it's just a call out for attention. The kid was just annoying as hell, he felt like the fact that everyone hated him made him part of a clique or something, he's just pathetic.

Edited by Kalapse

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:50 PM)
But that really has nothing to do with not caring if someone commits suicide.

That's extreme not caring if someone is going to kill themselves. But Doug was never serious about it. He was always looking for ways to bring attention to himself and that was one of his favorite ways of going about it.

:gosoxretro:

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 10:25 PM)
welcome :headbang

don't let the gamethreads fool you, those can bring out the worst posters here.

I couldn't agree more.. Welcome to the forum. You will enjoy it, booooo twins

QUOTE(56789 @ Jun 20, 2005 -> 11:55 PM)

I meant in this situation it does not make you a bad person cause he wasn't going to kill himself, if he was serious then yes you should try and do some s*** about it but since he's not you just want him to leave you alone.

This is the last I'm going to say on this subject.

Get back to the guys first thread.