"More Comiskey Violence"

clujer420

I'm sitting here after work getting ready to hit the hay while I watch SportsCenter to catch up on yesterday's occurances. They start showing stuff from yesterday's Sox/Twins game, and the caption at the bottom of the screen says "More Comiskey Violence".

First off, there hasn't been really any violence to date. The most violent act occured when the Royals stomped that moron a few times and bloodied him up. His "attack" of the umpire was nothing more than an attempted dry hump, and it failed miserably.

Secondly, how is it "violence" when the benches clear and no real aggression is shown? Sure, there was some action, but no punches and no hard shoves. Where's the violence? :huh:

I think the media does a good job of reporting the action to fans who may have missed it, but in this case they are EXTREMELY sensationalizing it. I realize that's their job, but they should at least try to stay remotely accurate and honest.

The most violent act at Comiskey this season was when Raul Ibanez stomped that guys leg after he attacked the ump. Did he think no one would see him do that? Id say peg him but the guy was a Cubs fan, thus no retaliations neccesary... :D

ESPN hate the Sox. But thats OK. Theyre gonna have a tough time trying to rip on us when were all over the News for winning the WS... ;)

one of the best mystique about that so called violence is that it might bring in fans. crazy as that might be, but we can capitalize on this. remember the 70's at the hockey pound. the rumors that swirled around there and about the blackhawks games was soooo out there. yet that brought in a lot of people who was caught in the hype. now this image is not what the sox may want and believe me it is b.s. but we still can ride the advertisement.

then later we can put those b.s press to rest.

It said "More Comiskey Violence" ?

It's bad enough that they give you a misleading headline....there was NO violence in this most recent event. Garland, Hawkins, and Rios were all tossed out of the game.....but I don't remember there being any punches thrown. A coach got knocked down....and that's about it.

It gets even worse when they get the name of your ballpark wrong.

:fyou ESPN

It said "More Comiskey Violence" ?

It's bad enough that they give you a misleading headline....there was NO violence in this most recent event.  Garland, Hawkins, and Rios were all tossed out of the game.....but I don't remember there being any punches thrown.  A coach got knocked down....and that's about it.

It gets even worse when they get the name of your ballpark wrong.

:fyou ESPN

you have a point

one of the best mystique about that so called violence is that it might bring in fans. crazy as that might be, but we can capitalize on this. remember the 70's at the hockey pound. the rumors that swirled around there and about the blackhawks games was soooo out there. yet that brought in a lot of people who was caught in the hype. now this image is not what the sox may want and believe me it is b.s. but we still can ride the advertisement.

Sounds good, but a baseball team cannot market themselves as having violent games! Hockey is one thing -- fighting and aggression is an integral part of the game, and it's to be expected to a degree. That type of stuff happens in baseball every now and then, but to make it the norm would be a shame. Baseball is a great game in itself -- it doesn't need to add ultimate fighting to its repertoire to make it marketable.

Guest hotsoxchick1

heres a small suggestion to you then.... while venting your frustrations here on the boards amoung us fans is very theraputic.......imagine how much better you would feel venting it to someone who can actually do something about it.........write espn a letter or maybe a thousand letters and let them know what a bunch of biased bozos you think they are and that their program is completely one sided and you and your friends will no longer be viewing them..................ill bet you even get a reply back......... :D :D :D :D

I'm sitting here after work getting ready to hit the hay while I watch SportsCenter to catch up on yesterday's occurances.  They start showing stuff from yesterday's Sox/Twins game, and the caption at the bottom of the screen says "More Comiskey Violence". 

First off, there hasn't been really any violence to date.  The most violent act occured when the Royals stomped that moron a few times and bloodied him up.  His "attack" of the umpire was nothing more than an attempted dry hump, and it failed miserably.

Secondly, how is it "violence" when the benches clear and no real aggression is shown?  Sure, there was some action, but no punches and no hard shoves.  Where's the violence? :huh:

I think the media does a good job of reporting the action to fans who may have missed it, but in this case they are EXTREMELY sensationalizing it.  I realize that's their job, but they should at least try to stay remotely accurate and honest.

Not only that, but if they were to be politically correct they would have said "More U.S. Cellular Field Violence"

f***ers. :fyou

CWSOX45

Sounds good, but a baseball team cannot market themselves as having violent games! Hockey is one thing -- fighting and aggression is an integral part of the game, and it's to be expected to a degree. That type of stuff happens in baseball every now and then, but to make it the norm would be a shame. Baseball is a great game in itself -- it doesn't need to add ultimate fighting to its repertoire to make it marketable.

you have a good counter, but what i am talking about is the fans in the stands. i remember the 70's when there was a lot of fights in the stands and that was part of the south side hitman legion.

Guest hotsoxchick1

ahh the rowdie days...... i remember those well............we had the "beer showers" installed in the outfield councorse back then.........and the paddywagons permanetly parked in the lots........ :D :lolhitting

I remember seeing people giving/getting blowjobs in the dark corners of the upper and lower decks. With all the pot smoke it was like being on the set of a Cheech and Chong movie.