Who Should We Fear Most

Southside hitmen

For the AL Central  

58 members have voted

1. 1. For the AL Central

• Minnesota
    • Cleveland

Hello Nail, my name is Hammer and I'm going to hit you on the head.

:notworthy

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:33 AM)
We should fear ourselves.  The only way we blow this and dont make the playoffs is not because of the other teams.  It would be because we fell apart.

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 11:34 AM)
I voted Minnesota.  They have the talent and experience.  Cleveland has the talent, but may be a bit too young right now.

I don't get this. People act like all of Cleveland's players are in their early 20's. The average age of their team is 28/29. They're not too young.

Anyway, I fear us choking.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 02:23 PM)
Cleveland is a team of streaks... Their streak will run out.. Minnesota is always a proven threat, but not this year.. SOX WIN

The White Sox were the prime example of a team of streaks for the last 2 years. Hitting gets hot, then hitting gets cold. This is why Ozzie kept saying that Speed doesn't go into slumps. They face 2 good pitchers in a row and suddenly everyone's pressing because they've only scored a couple runs, and then bam, losing streak. We face a couple of good pitchers and we take 1 out of 2 because we outpitch them, bunt a couple people over, and get some clutch hits.

The Indians have that streaky mantle this year. I think the Yankees are an even better example too.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 03:40 PM)
On Around the Horn today, Woody Page picked Cleveland to go to the World Series.

:banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead :banghead

Man...that's one crazy bandwagon he's got himself on...especially since their hope of hopes, Sabbathia...was absolutely thrashed yesterday.

QUOTE(Leonard Zelig @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 03:50 PM)
If they did, I missed it.  The one guy said SD would beat out STL in the playoffs cause the Padres won 3 of 4 this season.

Something tells me that if S.D. had gone to Stl last week, those numbers would have been reversed.

At some level, it's all about streaks.