Uribe injured

Southside hitmen

I can't say I'm going to fret about a guy batting in the .240's who swings like Uribe does... it was cute when he was hitting .330 in the early stages of last year, but since June of 04 his BA has been about .255. Nothing to fret about.

Ozuna deserves the chance anyway... so give him a few days, he played great yesterday.

QUOTE(maggsmaggs @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 06:17 PM)
Juan is good, but Pablo has been much better this year and he is better at starting up our offense than Juan.  Hope he gets better, but I am happy to see Pablo starting.

Kinda hard to say Ozuna has been much better than Uribe this year seeing how Ozuna only has 53 ABs this season compared to Uribe's 217 isn't it. Ozuna has been a good bench player, a prototypical utility guy but there is now way you can say Ozuna has played better than Uribe this season when he only has 1/4 of the ABs.

QUOTE(That funky motion @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 06:25 PM)
I dont know who it was on the "Mac,Jurco,Harry show" that said it,but one of them brags about Uribe body around the locker room. He said he cant believe the great shape he is in! :drink  :huh  :lolhitting  :o

Harry is always talking about Uribe's ass.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 05:10 PM)
I can't tell if that was sarcasm or not.  They showed Uribe on the bench last night, and he looked enormous.  Uribe also seems a step slower on the bases this year compared to last year (as does Rowand).

He looks thick, but trust me he isn't fat. I stood next to him in street clothes the other night. His gut is flat and solid.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 10:08 PM)
Here's something to stir up trouble.  Are we actually better with Ozuna starting at SS over Uribe?  Uribe's defense is much better of course, so probably not.

You answered your own damn question, what the hell is wrong with you?

Didn't read the thread but here's my take:

i was at the game and didn't hear of the uribe injury.

I don't care if he's injured or not, pablo deserves some PT and juan needs some bench time. He's been pretty terrible as of late, pablo is definitely cashing in on his PT and deserves more.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 10:19 PM)
I really like Ozuna batting 9th and then Pods right after him.  Talk about speed.

ozuna's being an absolute stud for us. Even when he was limited to PR duties, he did it perfectly. Subtract that game at third, and he's been spectacular.

http://sports.yahoo.com/mlb/recap?gid=250621104&prov=ap

Ozuna started in place of shortstop Juan Uribe, who was a late scratch from the starting lineup with a stiff lower back. Ozuna will start again Wednesday.

``Every time I put this kid in the lineup, I'm excited to see him play,'' Guillen said. ``We were making fun of Uribe, saying you better hurry up.''

Ozuna has looked awesome the last few days in the field, on the bases and at the dish. Can it be that because of Uribes injury we might actually be an even better team now? KC tried a hit and run tonight and Pablo went to cover 2nd was able to stop go back to his right and field the ball cleanly and threw out the runner. That right there is one helluva hard play to make.

Ozuna has looked awesome the last few days in the field, on the bases and at the dish. Can it be that because of Uribes injury we might actually be an even better team now? KC tried a hit and run tonight and Pablo went to cover 2nd was able to stop  go back to his right and field the ball cleanly and threw out the runner. That right there is one helluva hard play to make.

It was a nice play but I think Uribe would have made it as well. Ozuna looked horrible at 3rd base in Colorado but he sure looks like he can handle SS. I'm most impressed with Ozuna's ability to put the ball in play and his speed. He hustles and runs everything out.

Ozuna has done everything we could possibly ask of him.  I hope he keeps it up.  Any word on Uribe?

Ozuna is starting at SS again today. This will give Uribe 4 full days off to rest his back with the off-day on Thursday.

Edited by Jabroni