Is Anyone else watching the Yanks vs. Rays?

JDsDirtySox

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:43 PM)
What's really s***ty is I took Nomo at +400 and the over.... I was already spending that money. F'n Travis Harper.

I wonder Why lou left the kid in so long. I have a feeling Lou just doesn't give a f*** at this point....

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
I wonder Why lou left the kid  in so long.  I have a feeling Lou just doesn't give a f*** at this point....

He doesn't. The Rays took a huge step forward last year in their overall development as a franchise and as a team, and Piniella wanted ownership to spend a little money to give the team a chance to contend, or atleast finish somewhere around .500. Nearly the exact opposite happened, as the biggest bat they brought in was Danny Bautista, and unfortunately for them, he retired in ST for whatever reason.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 09:48 PM)
I wonder Why lou left the kid  in so long.  I have a feeling Lou just doesn't give a f*** at this point....

Lou was mad... He left the kid out to dry. He had Orvella out there first and he couldn't get anyone out. That got them back within a run (I think) Sweet Lou was already throwing things at that point. The second kid was terrible (obviously). Pitching up in the zone and the ball is gonna get hit hard.

QUOTE(witesoxfan @ Jun 21, 2005 -> 10:27 PM)
He doesn't.  The Rays took a huge step forward last year in their overall development as a franchise and as a team, and Piniella wanted ownership to spend a little money to give the team a chance to contend, or atleast finish somewhere around .500.  Nearly the exact opposite happened, as the biggest bat they brought in was Danny Bautista, and unfortunately for them, he retired in ST for whatever reason.

I dont know who should have been more excited. Bautista in playing for the D-rays or the D-rays in gettind Bautista.