Barry lamar Bonds

I have Brian Giles as a part-time player platoonign with Larry Walker and thought I might make a run at Bonds. THis thread isn't so much about that trade but just trying to figure out who is equal value. I came up with some names: Derek Lowe, CC Sabathia, Jim Thome. With all the conflicting rumors out there, who are guys you have seen in Bonds deals or could see

It's really hard to judge. It's all going to depend on the owner that has Barry. I'd personally say that you need to give up someone that has some talent that is either struggling or hurt, like Berkman, Wood, or Schmidt. However, the owner might just be looking to dump him, or he could be thinking he'll be back soon and demand a top player. The only persepective I can give you is in my money league in about week 2, Bonds was traded for Prior. I protested the deal using the logic that Prior would be back the next week and no one knew when Bonds would be back. However, it was upheld by the experts, my guess is because Prior could suffer a setback or Bonds could be back sooner than expected. I still think it sucked, but life goes on.