6/22/05 Game Thread KC vs. Sox

My FIRST gmae in person this season (poor college student) and I am hoping that we get the sweep. I might leave the car running with Marky Mark pitching. Let's git-r-done!

BTW, 1:05 start on Comcast and its Nancy Faust day. Lucky me. Wish it were Dolla dog day

Edited by Punch and Judy Garland

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I was at the game earlier in the season in which Buehrle pitched against the Royals at home. Now there's no Mike Sweeney to rough him up this time. :headbang That guy flat out owns us. :huh:

Ozuna will be starting in place of Uribe at SS again. I also think Widger will get the start to face the lefty and to give AJ two consecutive days off.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:54 AM)
Lineup prediction:

LF  Podsednik

2B  Iguchi

CF  Rowand

1B  Konerko

DH  Everett

RF  Dye

3B  Crede

C   Widger

SS  Ozuna

ya i think widger will play AJ has played for a while now

I wnat to see Podz and Frank play but I fear with the day game afte the night game and the lefty (as you said, i didn't know) that the positions will be

C-Widger

1b-Konerko

2b-Tadahito

3b-Crede

ss-Pablo

lf-Timo

rf-Dye

cf-Rowand

dh-Jurassic

My spider sense says Timo because I fear Frank will get the day off. I hope I'm wrong and that Widger is the only change from last night

Howell was one guy I would have loved to see the Sox draft last year just because I thought he was the most polished guy in the draft outside of Weaver but they definitely rushed him to the bigs. Still the Sox have to be careful because Howell could dominate if the Sox let him get in a groove early.

I wnat to see Podz and Frank play but I fear with the day game afte the night game and the lefty (as you said, i didn't know) that the positions will be

C-Widger

1b-Konerko

2b-Tadahito

3b-Crede

ss-Pablo

lf-Timo

rf-Dye

cf-Rowand

dh-Jurassic

My spider sense says Timo because I fear Frank will get the day off. I hope I'm wrong and that Widger is the only change from last night

We are facing a lefty. I doubt Ozzie will play Timo in LF. Pods is a lefty but he has actually hit them well this season...

http://chicago.whitesox.mlb.com/NASApp/mlb...5392&statType=1

Edited by Jabroni

Aren't we unfortunately due for a Timoniel Perez sighting? I know the lefty thing seems like a deterrent but with Uribe out we really need a right handed backup outfielder, or atl least it would be nice if we had one

Why? Both Podsednik and Everett are hitting lefties alot better than righties. Also, Ozuna can play the corner outfield spots.

Podsednik's splits

Everett's splits

Ozuna's splits

I watched Howell pitch against the D-Backs in his debut game. He had something like 8 K's in 5 innings. Good stuff, not really higher than the low to mid 90's on his fastball, but he works the corners a lot, and reminds me almost of Mark Buerhle.

I watched Howell pitch against the D-Backs in his debut game. He had something like 8 K's in 5 innings. Good stuff, not really higher than the low to mid 90's on his fastball, but he works the corners a lot, and reminds me almost of Mark Buerhle.

Well, I was more worried about Greinke and we ended up beating him. I don't mind facing a lefty considering we are the best lefty-hitting team in the MLB...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggreg...=31&season=2005

I hope the stats hold true tomorrow.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Well, I was more worried about Greinke and we ended up beating him.  I don't mind facing a lefty considering we are the best lefty-hitting team in the MLB...

http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/stats/aggreg...=31&season=2005

I hope the stats hold true tomorrow.

It'd be even better if Paulie could get it going against lefties. :bang

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:49 AM)
Well, it was predictable that Greinke would own him.  Does Howell throw heat?  Then maybe Konerko has a chance.

I watched Howell pitch against the D-Backs in his debut game. He had something like 8 K's in 5 innings. Good stuff, not really higher than the low to mid 90's on his fastball, but he works the corners a lot, and reminds me almost of Mark Buerhle
Edited by qwerty

I watched Howell pitch against the D-Backs in his debut game. He had something like 8 K's in 5 innings. Good stuff, not really higher than the low to mid 90's on his fastball, but he works the corners a lot, and reminds me almost of Mark Buerhle

He works the corners? Low and away? I'm sure Crede is gonna love swinging at those for base hits like he did last night. :lol:

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:10 AM)
Here is my line up prediction...

Ozuna-SS

Iguchi-2B

Thomas-DH

Konerko-1B

Everett-LF

Rowand-CF

Dye-RF

Crede-3B

Widger-C

I think that this will be the line up. Give Pods and AJ the day off, and load the lineup with right handed batters vs. the LHP.

:gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: Lets finish off the Royals.