6/22/05 Game Thread KC vs. Sox

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
if he scores on a single its unearned correct?

It is a tough call, it would probably be earned, because you can't assume a double play, but it would be the scorekeepers discression based on how the inning went.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
kill the whitesoxmanager?  recurring theme with you fans!  i live in SD have been a lifer sox fan, follow every pitch, go to almost every Sox-Angels game in Anaheim,  went with friends to the last 3 game homestand in SD, go occassionally to Oakland home games to fight for the Sox, so get it straight fellas...i would be one of the 12,000 fans that was there day in & day out even if they sucked!

how old are ya lifer??

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 01:56 PM)
It is a tough call, it would probably be earned, because you can't assume a double play, but it would be the scorekeepers discression based on how the inning went.

I believe it was unearned.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:56 PM)

They scored it unearned.

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:55 PM)
kill the whitesoxmanager?  recurring theme with you fans!  i live in SD have been a lifer sox fan, follow every pitch, go to almost every Sox-Angels game in Anaheim,  went with MY PARENTS to the last 3 game homestand in SD, go occassionally to Oakland home games to fight for the Sox, so get it straight fellas...i would be one of the 12,000 fans that was there day in & day out even if they sucked!

It took you that long to type that???? I will edit your post for you. As far as being a lifelong sox fan, sure maybe you are, but you have nothing of value to say on this board as of yet, and your loyalty does not change that fact.

Its definately unearned now. If they would have gotten a couple of more hits to where the run would have scored even without Dye's error, it would have been earned.

Its definately unearned now.  If they would have gotten a couple of more hits to where the run would have scored even without Dye's error, it would have been earned.

MLB.com Gameday just changed it to an unearned run. Buehrle now has a 2.48 ERA. :o :headbang

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Its definately unearned now.  If they would have gotten a couple of more hits to where the run would have scored even without Dye's error, it would have been earned.

:bang

well its based on the fact that the runner would have been at first, then maybe at second and wouldnt have score on that single right? Either way its scored as unearned.