6/22/05 Game Thread KC vs. Sox

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:59 PM)
well its based on the fact that the runner would have been at first, then maybe at second and wouldnt have score on that single right?  Either way its scored as unearned.

Depends on the sequence. If a single comes after the groundout, it would have been earned, because a scorekeeper can't assume a double play would have been turned. So then assumption is that the runner would have been on second after the groundout, thereby scoring on the single, making the run, earned.

24544 is pretty good for a Wednesday afternoon. Too bad I have to reserve all of my vacation time or else I would have trecked out for the game. The new thing in my office is to come up to me and gush about the Sox. Funny part is, before this year, there was only me and the CFO as Sox fans. Suddenly there are a whole slew of Sox fans in this office and personnel hasn't changed lol.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
24544 is pretty good for a Wednesday afternoon.  Too bad I have to reserve all of my vacation time or else I would have trecked out for the game.  The new thing in my office is to come up to me and gush about the Sox.  Funny part is, before this year, there was only me and the CFO as Sox fans.  Suddenly there are a whole slew of Sox fans in this office and personnel hasn't changed lol.

LOL. I know the feeling. I am getting that everywhere too.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:02 PM)
24544 is pretty good for a Wednesday afternoon.  Too bad I have to reserve all of my vacation time or else I would have trecked out for the game.  The new thing in my office is to come up to me and gush about the Sox.  Funny part is, before this year, there was only me and the CFO as Sox fans.  Suddenly there are a whole slew of Sox fans in this office and personnel hasn't changed lol.

Not me, we are pretty much dominated by cubs fans in my office, but our company is based in NYC, so our CEO is a yankees fan and our CFO is a Red Sox fan.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:02 PM)

I'm starting too see that in my office, as well. People are huddling around 5:30 debaating on going to Sox games. :headbang

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:58 PM)
It took you that long to type that????  I will edit your post for you.  As far as being a lifelong sox fan, sure maybe you are, but you have nothing of value to say on this board as of yet, and your loyalty does not change that fact.

when you say "value" did you mean that someone might pay for what i say? oh cool! look jack in all seriousness i love tim raines....get a kick out of how he runs to first base during warmups before each inning and then just barely runs past first safely and jokes with the opposition first baseman...that to me is fun but what are you trying to do? kill the sox fan?

QUOTE(shakes @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:04 PM)
I'm starting too see that in my office, as well. People are huddling around 5:30 debaating on going to Sox games.  :headbang

I have them lining up outside my office asking.. "how do I get tickets...?" :headshake