6/22/05 Game Thread KC vs. Sox

• Replies 449
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:10 PM)
to be serious it is not stupid as you may think...a pitcher that gives up no runs in one game is likely to give up 6 runs in another.....assuming 18 innings pitched and a 3.00 era...

yes, this might be true... but if he gives up zero earned runs, he is more likely to break out and not "revert back to the norm" which I believe is the theory that you are going for.

Let's say its the last game of the year, and Buehrle has a 2.65 ERA. Do you want him to give up 14 or 15 earned runs so he can get back to his norm? That's stupid.

That's like saying, well, Garland has 12 wins, I hope he doesnt win anymore games, so he can get back to his norm.

You're an idiot whitesoxmanager

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:12 PM)
Totally different Shingo.  It's the Shingo that throws first pitch strikes.

He's looked like last years shingo the last 3 times he's been out there, he's getting there, hopefully he can keep this up now.

QUOTE(Steve9347 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 01:13 PM)
yes, this might be true... but if he gives up zero earned runs, he is more likely to break out and not "revert back to the norm" which I believe is the theory that you are going for.

Let's say its the last game of the year, and Buehrle has a 2.65 ERA.  Do you want him to give up 14 or 15 earned runs so he can get back to his norm?  That's stupid. 

That's like saying, well, Garland has 12 wins, I hope he doesnt win anymore games, so he can get back to his norm.

You're an idiot whitesoxmanager

Not an idiot...but thanks for trying to beat me down! I remember last year when the game was way outta reach the whitesox would then proceed to score another 5 runs to make the score something like 13-4 or something like that...and then it almost always followed that we would score only 1 run in each of the next two games...you must remember as baseball fans that the averages over the year for all teams is to score and give up 4-5 runs per game. the team that wins the one & two run games is usually the team with the best record at the end of the year. that is what has been so impressive about this team and reason to believe that it should continue...the padres went to colorado and scored a zillion runs earlier in the season and then didn't hit for a week...the dodgers started the season hotter than the sox but they were killing teams....the math caught up with them too!

QUOTE(whitesoxmanager @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
Not an idiot...but thanks for trying to beat me down!  I remember last year when the game was way outta reach the whitesox would then proceed to score another 5 runs to make the score something like 13-4 or something like that...and then it almost always followed that we would score only 1 run in each of the next two games...you must remember as baseball fans that the averages over the year for all teams is to score and give up 4-5 runs per game.  the team that wins the one & two run games is usually the team with the best record at the end of the year.  that is what has been so impressive about this team and reason to believe that it should continue...the padres went to colorado and scored a zillion runs earlier in the season and then didn't hit for a week...the dodgers started the season hotter than the sox but they were killing teams....the math caught up with them too!

*crickets*