I just got off work.

BobDylan

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 06:11 AM)
Apparently, this is an unusual situation for you.  I'm sympathetic.

;)

What grown person should be getting off at 7 AM? I should be just showing up at 7 AM.

I will continue my b****ing until the pit stains go away and the soreness in my legs and arms is completely gone. :)

Edited by BobDylan

:violin

Rock a bye baby on the tree top,

When the wind blows the cradle will rock,

When the bough breaks the cradle will fall,

And down will come baby, cradle and all.

Shhhhhh, Bobby is going to sleep . . .

I kid, because I care™

QUOTE(BobDylan @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 06:14 AM)
What grown person should be getting off at 7 AM? I should be just showing up at 7 AM.

I will continue my b****ing until the pit stains go away and the soreness in my legs and arms is completely gone.  :)

What do you do?

Will it make you feel any better knowing that I sit at a desk in front of a computer, posting on Soxtalk in an air conditioned office on the 26th floor with a beautiful view of downtown Chicago and Lake Michigan?

I kid, because I care

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:26 AM)
What do you do?

Will it make you feel any better knowing that I sit at a desk in front of a computer, posting on Soxtalk in an air conditioned office on the 26th floor with a beautiful view of downtown Chicago and Lake Michigan?

I kid, because I care

OMG, tell me you don't have to go get your own coffee :D That would be cruel and unusual.

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 06:28 AM)
OMG, tell me you don't have to go get your own coffee  :D That would be cruel and unusual.

Well, I bring my own, in a thermos, soooo, no. I don't have to leave my desk, technically. :)

Doing it regularly for a few months is much better than an occassional shift. Once you get into a rhythm, it can be kind of cool. Drinking at 8:00 am with the 70 year yung alcoholics is a treat. :P

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:12 AM)
I used to drive a milk truck and pick up milk from dairy farms. I'd leave at 2:00am, which sucked ass, but's I'd be home by noon a lot, which was great!

I worked for a vending company and held similar hours. I hated it, even though i got home at 12. Then i would go to sleep, and wake up and be groggy for about 4 more hours, go back to sleep, wake up at 1(or 1:30 if I was dragging) and go through the whole routine. It was killer on my body clock, I will never do it again.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 01:42 AM)
:banghead unfortunately.

all summer jobs fell through.

PS: if you ever come to chicago, don't shop at dominick's.

I'll be in Phoenix in about 24 hours, so I'll be on the lookout there instead. :lol:

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:26 AM)
What do you do?

I kid, because I care

Would it make him feel even better knowing that I roll out of bed around 7:30 - 8:00 depending on how I feel and then walk over to my desk in the loft of my house. There I sit and work in my boxer shorts.

When the Sox play day games I can watch them on t.v. There is nobody around to bother me. I can drink while working if I want. On nice days I take the laptop out on the deck and work. No traffic to deal with in the morning or afternoon. If I get tired I can lay down and take a quick nap.

QUOTE(zach23 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 01:57 AM)
Would it make him feel even better knowing that I roll out of bed around 7:30 - 8:00 depending on how I feel and then walk over to my desk in the loft of my house. There I sit and work in my boxer shorts.

When the Sox play day games I can watch them on t.v. There is nobody around to bother me. I can drink while working if I want. On nice days I take the laptop out on the deck and work. No traffic to deal with in the morning or afternoon. If I get tired I can lay down and take a quick nap.

I guess uhhh Office Politics isn't much of a problem for ya is it? :lolhitting

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
I guess uhhh Office Politics isn't much of a problem for ya is it?  :lolhitting

Only when my 10 month old son starts gossiping about me to my wife when she gets home.

QUOTE(zach23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
Only when my 10 month old son starts gossiping about me to my wife when she gets home.

well you are around the computer all day........it can be tempting ;)

QUOTE(zach23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:57 AM)

I think anybody with a brain is jealous of you right about now.