I just got off work.

BobDylan

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:30 PM)
I worked for a vending company and held similar hours. I hated it, even though i got home at 12. Then i would go to sleep, and wake up and be groggy for about 4 more hours, go back to sleep, wake up at 1(or 1:30 if I was dragging) and go through the whole routine. It was killer on my body clock, I will never do it again.

I can beat you all at worst jobs. I once spent a summer while in college working on a maggot farm. Yes you read it right, MAGGOTS, we bread maggots by the container load.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(DePloderer @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 06:15 PM)
I can beat you all at worst jobs. I once spent a summer while in college working on a maggot farm. Yes you read it right, MAGGOTS, we bread maggots by the container load.

As someone who has bought a few maggots and meal worms in my life :cheers

Thank you.

Did y'all do any of the dying? I was able to buy some that were red or green based on diet.

I live the best life ever. 15, summer job at Harmonies in which I keep all the money for myself and do very little at work, live off my parents, take the car whenever I wanrt, go fishing whenever I want and not worry about work, because I stil get paid! Aaaaaah, connections!

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)
I live the best life ever. 15, summer job at Harmonies in which I keep all the money for myself and do very little at work, live off my parents, take the car whenever I wanrt, go fishing whenever I want and not worry about work, because I stil get paid! Aaaaaah, connections!

How exactly do you take the car when your 15?

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 06:28 PM)

LOL

Anyways, I'm an office boy pretty much. I quit White Hen and now I'm a tech guy at Vision Friendly.com.

It's pretty cool. I have my own desk and stuff and I work and visit the internet sometimes.

I got two jobs (well hopefully)

One writing for my local paper (first column runs on July 1st, btw)

Second one, I got a job interview tomorrow for a summer job as a newspaper circulation assistant here but manager said he'd be really happy to have me come in. It's less than 40 hrs. a week and I get an opportunity to sleep in most days (3:30-7 pm M-F and 6:30-11 am Sa-Sun) Its basically just driving papers out to people who run out and delivering the errant paper to a person who didn't get one because the paperboy is a functional moron.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:08 PM)

:finger

i need money.

my job at school kicks ass.

cafeteria job.....sounds terrible, but you do nothing, are surrounded by fellow students and get paid pretty well.

QUOTE(ScottPodRulez22 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:28 PM)

Texas allows "hardship" licenses at 15 and almost anything will qualify as a hardship. But you cannot drink and drive until you are 21

3rd shifter here too Bob....Been working 3rd in some fashion for about 7 years now, I love it. Driving home from work when everyone else in the normal working world is frantically trying to get to work...satisfying feeling :D

QUOTE(Capn12 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:53 PM)
3rd shifter here too Bob....Been working 3rd in some fashion for about 7 years now, I love it. Driving home from work when everyone else in the normal working world is frantically trying to get to work...satisfying feeling  :D

I find it to be kind of depressing. What do you do?

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 10:53 PM)
I have to get a job sometime later this summer.

Late July, early August.  Thinking about where to apply at.

i got my first job between soph-jr. year.

It sucks, just apply everywhere, you have to get lucky someplace, that's the jist of it.

I might have finally found a summer job this summer, working in some weird, small warehouse by my house, we'll see.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 03:54 AM)
i got my first job between soph-jr. year.

It sucks, just apply everywhere, you have to get lucky someplace, that's the jist of it.

I might have finally found a summer job this summer, working in some weird, small warehouse by my house, we'll see.

I don't think I want to work in a food place; too much talking to the customer. There's a Menards by my house, I think I'll apply there. A few months ago, Best Buy was taking applications for people in stock... should've applied there.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
I don't think I want to work in a food place; too much talking to the customer.  There's a Menards by my house, I think I'll apply there.  A few months ago, Best Buy was taking applications for people in stock...  should've applied there.

customers do suck.

I hated my time at dominick's, but it got me some college money.

btw, menard's you'd have to talk to customers just as much probably.

advice: try and find a small place to work at. not a giant chain.

how's basketball going? we're gonna have fun at the game tommorow, hope you enjoy your time playing basketball :P