Boers&Bernstien Are Idiots

Southside hitmen

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:56 AM)
They are both just trying to rile up the idiots and rarely discuss any of their actual beliefs on any sports topics.

That right there makes them bad hosts. Riling up idiots isnt good sports radio, its Howard Stern bulls***.

Some of you need to calm down. Boers and Bernstein hate everybody, that's their schtick, and by all indications from his shoutout the other night, Hawk has no problem with them, so it's all good in my mind.

Actually, I find the 2 of them hilarious, but that's just me.

Edited by whitesoxfan101

QUOTE(YASNY @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:54 AM)
I'm more concerned with Boston than Texas.  The Rangers were extremely hot when we went to Arlington.  A summer in the Texas heat will wear those guys down.

You are dead on YASNY. I truly don't expect Texas to be in the playoffs.

I believe right now, the AL playoff matchups would be:

White Sox vs. Red Sox

Orioles vs. Angels

Seems to me that the winner of the White Sox v. Red Sox would stand a pretty good chance of going to the World Series.

If Schilling was back, the Red Sox would probably go

Schilling - Clement - Wells - Wakefield

The Sox would go:

Buehrle - Garland - Garcia - Contreras

That's a tight series. To tell you the truth, given their offense, I'd give the Red Sox a slight edge. I'd hope for a Sweep, because if the series in on the line for the White Sox in game 4, Contreras is a guy that gets KILLED by the Red Sox.

Still WAY too early to talk about this. The Orioles do not have enough pitching to last if Bedard is out for the season, and the Yankees are not dead yet. In fact, I'd be surprised if the Orioles wound up in the playoffs.

I would not be surprised if the playoffs looked like this:

Red Sox (AL East) vs. Rangers (AL West)

White Sox (AL Central) vs. Yankees (WC)

or

Red Sox (AL East) vs. Twins (WC)

White Sox (AL Central) vs. Angels (AL West)

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:04 AM)
Some of you need to calm down.  Boers and Bernstein hate everybody, that's their schtick, and by all indications from his shoutout the other night, Hawk has no problem with them, so it's all good in my mind.

Actually, I find the 2 of them hilarious, but that's just me.

I thought that shoutout by Hawk was strange. I thought I remember him calling those guys out on the air. Probably, just marketing for the new contract.

QUOTE(shakes @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
I thought that shoutout by Hawk was strange. I thought I remember him calling those guys out on the air. Probably, just marketing for the new contract.

No.

They made up on air, earlier in the season.

First of all, they are already penciling this team for the playoffs now... who'd a thunk that?

Second, the Angels are a bigger concern then the Rangers. Much bigger. I know we played a'right in Anaheim last go round, but I want nothing to do with the West Coast when we get to the playoffs.

QUOTE(shakes @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:05 AM)
You are dead on YASNY. I truly don't expect Texas to be in the playoffs.

It seems to happen every year. It would be interesting to see an all-time breakdown of the Rangers record month-by-month to see how much of an effect playing in that heat takes out of the players. I swear it seems like they fade down the stretch every year.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:50 AM)
It seems to happen every year.  It would be interesting to see an all-time breakdown of the Rangers record month-by-month to see how much of an effect playing in that heat takes out of the players.  I swear it seems like they fade down the stretch every year.

It probably effects the pitchers more than the position players. But you dont hear Houston, Florida, or Atlanta complaining about hot summers bringing down their players. The Rangers problems still revolve around their starting rotation, IMHO.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:23 AM)
Oh yeah, Boers and Berstein are hilarious.  If you don't get it... then you're what they're making fun of.

I'm listening to them for the first time ever right now. They are boring me greatly. I'll give them another hour or so.

QUOTE(kyyle23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:53 AM)
It probably effects the pitchers more than the position players. But you dont hear Houston, Florida, or Atlanta complaining about hot summers bringing down their players. The Rangers problems still revolve around their starting rotation, IMHO.

Houston plays their home games in a Dome, so I knock them off of the list right away. Isn't Miami much more tropical in their temps? I didn't think they get the 100 degree heat daily, like Texas gets in June-September. Atlanta, I have no idea, as they seem to have pretty hot summers.

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
Houston plays their home games in a Dome, so I knock them off of the list right away.  Isn't Miami much more tropical in their temps?  I didn't think they get the 100 degree heat daily, like Texas gets in June-September.  Atlanta, I have no idea, as they seem to have pretty hot summers.

Houston plays in a retractable roof dome. It isnt as if they are playing inside a climate controlled stadium 24/7. Also, I didnt even mention Arizona, they air condition the place for 2 hours before they open up the roof, and I read that it doesnt even matter because the desert is so damn hot.

With Miami, Im sure the humidity is just brutal in the middle of the summer. I havent played baseball in a "dry heat" like in Arizona, but I know that i was always drained after playign in those 100 percent humidity/ 100 degree days in Chicago.

Dont California teams have abnormally hot summers?

I just dont think that summer heat is a plausible excuse for not playing well, wherever you are.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:45 AM)
First of all, they are already penciling this team for the playoffs now... who'd a thunk that? 

Second, the Angels are a bigger concern then the Rangers.  Much bigger.  I know we played a'right in Anaheim last go round, but I want nothing to do with the West Coast when we get to the playoffs.

I fear the Angels more than the Rangers. When we played them, they had no Vlad. They also are more playoff tested.

As for the radio shows, listen to Carmen & Silvy they seem to be have no team preferences.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:18 PM)
As for the radio shows, listen to Carmen & Silvy they seem to be have no team preferences.

Are you kidding? Silvy is a huge Cubs fan and Carmen is a huge Sox fan. they talk about it and tease each other all the time.