AL CY Young

Winnin Ugly

Which Sox pitcher would get it  

30 members have voted

1. 1. Which Sox pitcher would get it

• Garland
    • Buehrle

Buehrle, his winshare is probably #2 right now, right behind Halladay.

Buehrle seldom needs offensive help to bail him out, as indicated by his very low ERA while still leading the team and probably the league in IP.

-hPOD

Even if you don't want to admit it, there really is something to the "Win" stat - you're putting your team in a position to win the ballgame, and that means a lot to me, even if Buehrle's getting a lot of no decisions.

I say Garland solely on the dozen wins.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:03 PM)
Even if you don't want to admit it, there really is something to the "Win" stat - you're putting your team in a position to win the ballgame, and that means a lot to me, even if Buehrle's getting a lot of no decisions.

I say Garland solely on the dozen wins.

That would be my logic as well. Wins are sexy, and that's what the voters look at.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:03 AM)
Halladay already won one.  Give it to Buehrle.

I don't like that logic. It's logic like that that stole an MVP from Jordan and gave it to Karl Malone.

QUOTE(Y2HH @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:02 PM)
Buehrle, his winshare is probably #2 right now, right behind Halladay.

Buehrle seldom needs offensive help to bail him out, as indicated by his very low ERA while still leading the team and probably the league in IP.

-hPOD

Kenny Rogers is 9-2 with a 1.98 era and 1.19 whip same k ratio as Garland, I'd say Halladay Rogers then Buehrle

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:08 AM)
I don't like that logic. It's logic like that that stole an MVP from Jordan and gave it to Karl Malone.

Who cares. That's my opinion. I'm still pissed he beat out Loaiza.

QUOTE(robinventura23 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 11:10 AM)
Who cares.  That's my opinion.  I'm still pissed he beat out Loaiza.

Down boy. I've heard that logic from the sports media and I'm just telling my opinion on it.

QUOTE(TheDybber @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
Unfortunately, they will probably take votes away from each other.  So that leaves Rogers and Halladay.

I still think right now it's Halladay, Rogers, Buehrle, and Garland in the AL

Martinez, Willis, Peavy, and Carpenter in the NL. EDIT:Also Clemens in the NL(how could I forget him??????)

Edited by TheBlackSox8

QUOTE(Jimenez4MVP @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:26 PM)
I do not see anyway Buehrle gets it over Garland.. his ERA is better, but not by a ton and Garland has 4 more wins..

I think we're all going by overall performance.....a minimum record of 17 wins can possibly win the CY young if you have better stats than a 20 game winner right??

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:28 PM)
I still think right now it's Halladay,  Rogers, Buehrle, and Garland in the AL

Martinez, Willis, Peavy, and Carpenter in the NL. EDIT:Also Clemens in the NL(how could I forget him??????)

unfortunately, wins, the most overrated stat in baseball, play a big factor. if buerhle keeps getting no-decisions, finishes with 15 wins, he won't get it. if garland keeps winning and has a sub-3.50 ERA, it should be his, because i don't think the jays are gonna win enough games for halladay.

I think we're all going by overall performance.....a minimum record of 17 wins can possibly win the CY young if you have better stats than a 20 game winner right??

Possibly if the 20 game winner has like a 4.5 ERA but Buerhle isnt even a run better than Garland.. I just dont see how MB could beat out Garland if it ended right now.. I dont think they take into consideration "Well technically this guy has 11 wins from bullpen blowing it, lets give it to him."

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 12:33 PM)
unfortunately, wins, the most overrated stat in baseball, play a big factor. if buerhle keeps getting no-decisions, finishes with 15 wins, he won't get it. if garland keeps winning and has a sub-3.50 ERA, it should be his, because i don't think the jays are gonna win enough games for halladay.

i figured wins play more into it than any other stat, I feel it should be overall performance, with a minimum of wins being 17 or 18.

Roy Halladay is the American League Cy Young Award winner as of today.

-Buehrle's stats are going to look damn good after this game, his ERA will probably be around Halladay's but his WHIP and OBA will still be considerably higher. Buehrle is right behind Halladay after today's game.

-Garland still has a 3.40 ERA and a .285 OBA, Wins tend to be overrated, Mark over Garland.

-For some reason even after looking at Kenny Roger's stats I just can't get exciteded about him, maybe it's his .309 OBA and 1.19 WHIP. I'd put him behind Buehrle.

1. Halladay

2. Buehrle

3A. Rogers

3B. Garland

5. Bartolo Colon