What the hell is Ozzie doing with his lineup?

Hideaway Lights

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Whatever he wants because it's working?  Everyone is contributing to this team and that's huge.  That shows that we will be able to count on guys like Ozuna in the future.

couldnt have put it any better :gosoxretro:

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Once more, insert 1-liner to end thread:

49-22. PERIOD.

I would like to join. I also could care less if it's Frank or Rowand batting in the 3 spot. I wouldn't drop Frank personally to the 5th spot, but if Ozzie were to do that, I could understand that.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:23 PM)
I can see you put some thought into this thread.

I have, and it is useless. Frank has always batted 3rd. He feels more comfortable batting 3rd. He helps PK in the lineup. Thats it!

Here's the way I see it....yes, Frank has hit some key homers and drawn some key walks. Yes, he has the best OBP of all time. Here's the deal though. There are three possibilities for Thomas at the plate 90% fo the time....out, walk or homer. He is not the singles and OB hitter he used to be. I expect he will be at 265-270 with 30-35 jacks and probably 70 walks. That is a 4 or 5 hitter, not a three hitter.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:23 PM)
I can see you put some thought into this thread.

I did, and you had nothing to say to that. Fact is, Frank is the best hitter to ever put on a sox uniform, the third spot is his. And while we are thinking about it, it also makes sense to put him there.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:25 PM)
Here's the way I see it....yes, Frank has hit some key homers and drawn some key walks. Yes, he has the best OBP of all time. Here's the deal though. There are three possibilities for Thomas at the plate 90% fo the time....out, walk or homer. He is not the singles and OB hitter he used to be. I expect he will be at 265-270 with 30-35 jacks and probably 70 walks. That is a 4 or 5 hitter, not a three hitter.

If it is a singles hitter that you want, do not look in the 3 hole, this is an extra base hitter category, who can protect the other people in the lineup and get on base. Thats what he does.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:25 PM)

HE......HELPS........PK........IN.........THE.......LINEUP.

Thank you.

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:26 PM)
If it is a singles hitter that you want, do not look in the 3 hole, this is an extra base hitter category, who can protect the other people in the lineup and get on base.  Thats what he does.

Yup, sounds like Frank to me!

QUOTE(RockRaines @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:26 PM)
If it is a singles hitter that you want, do not look in the 3 hole, this is an extra base hitter category, who can protect the other people in the lineup and get on base.  Thats what he does.

I think Thomas does a fine job getting on base, but I think I want a better overall hitter in that three slot than 2005 Thomas. That's all I'm saying.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
HE....CAN.....BAT......FOURTH......AND.....KONERKO.....CAN.....BAT.....FIFTH

Thank you.

Wait...

Konerko hits lots of HRs right?

DO you want lots of people on in front of him, or fewer people on.

Franks career OBP is around 400

Arron's is around 340...

It's not even a question. Frank.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:38 PM)
I think Thomas does a fine job getting on base, but I think I want a better overall hitter in that three slot than 2005 Thomas. That's all I'm saying.

Getting on base is part of being an overlal hitter, there is no question that the 3 hole is built for a guy like Frank. Konerko needs RBI's from the 4 spot, Frank gets on base, you got it?? Good.

QUOTE(Gene Honda Civic @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 02:43 PM)
Wait...

Konerko hits lots of HRs right?

DO you want lots of people on in front of him, or fewer people on.

Franks career OBP is around 400

Arron's is around 340...

It's not even a question. Frank.

Why are we focusing on Frank's/Aaron's career OBP when we should be focusing on what he/they can do NOW.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:59 PM)
I know if it ain't broke, yadda yadda, but there is no way in hell that Rowand shouldn't be hitting third and Thomas shouldn't be hitting fifth.

How does Rowand keep getting chooched to seventh or sixth, behind three or four slower guys with worse averages?

:headshake

Complain, Whine, b****, Moan... That's all a lot do around here....

WHERE WINNING FOR CHRIST SAKES..

STOP b****ING AND COMPLAINING :stick

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:49 PM)
Why are we focusing on Frank's/Aaron's career OBP when we should be focusing on what he/they can do NOW.

Because the career of a player is how you stake their worth. Frank is built to be a great 3 hole hitter, he always has been, always will be. You want people on base for your 4 and 5 hitters. Thats what we are doing here. You are beating a dead horse. Frank is the best hitter on the team, has the best eye, makes the best contact. He is the 3 hitter.

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
This is the kind of thinking that will bite you in the ass when the strategy totally backfires in a more important game...say, for example, the playoffs and say, for example, against a better team than the AAAA Royals.

Frank is the #3 hitter plain and simple.....sounds like your the only one arguing this point.....I bet if you asked arow he would be like hell yea put Frank in the 3 spot......... hasn't bitten us in the ass yet and I don't see how it could....just because Rowand is down in the lineup doesnt mean he isn't gonna hit the ball still.....we keep on winnin so whatever ozzie has been doin has to be workin

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:27 PM)
HE......HELPS........PK........IN.........THE.......LINEUP.

Thank you.

Paulie 3-4..........hmm

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:19 PM)
Why even test it?  Frank is killing the ball and drawing walks.  He isn't hurting the team in the 3 spot.  Why risk a tempertantrum and the clubhouse meltdown for a minimal gain right now?  If Frank wasn't hitting this might be a consideration, right now it is just kicking a sleeping dog in the nuts.

GMAB Mike.. you don't know if this is what's happening and I don't think it's fair to make a statement that some will choose (or have chosen) to be taken as fact.

QUOTE(JoshPR @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:49 PM)
:headshake

Complain, Whine, b****, Moan... That's all a lot do around here....

WHERE WINNING FOR CHRIST SAKES..

STOP b****ING AND COMPLAINING  :stick

Preach on brotha! We've been saying that for weeks. Glad to see you back!

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:07 PM)
GMAB Mike.. you don't know if this is what's happening and I don't think it's fair to make a statement that some will choose (or have chosen) to be taken as fact.

He didn't say it WAS happening, he said why risk it happening?