Future's game rosters

Palehosefan

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:34 PM)
Jenks, Chris Young on US team with Razor as a coach, nobody on the world team.

Wow, I wouldn't have thought those two. Maybe Jenks but Young really surprises me. Either way this kind of makes me happy in a way I haven't seen Jenks pitch or Young play that much so now I'll get an opportunity.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:48 PM)
Your kidding right?? Willingham has lead the world (minor league world) in EVERYTHING for most of this season.

This is true, however he's rather old to be in the futures game imo, he's already 26 while obviously he's not done I just don't think he should necessarily be in this game.

QUOTE(BHAMBARONS @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:54 PM)
Willingham is an awsome catcher. Got to see him last season he will be a good one for years to come.

Am I looking to far into age then?? I really haven't seen him play that much and I know he's been damn good this year I just saw he was 26 and thought maybe he really didn't belong in this game.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 04:55 PM)
Am I looking to far into age then??  I really haven't seen him play that much and I know he's been damn good this year I just saw he was 26 and thought maybe he really didn't belong in this game.

He has really developed, could be a late bloomer IMO......

Florida may end up trading him for help on the struggling MLB club since they already have LoDuca at C and his value is probably sky high right now.

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
He has really developed, could be a late bloomer IMO......

Florida may end up trading him for help on the struggling MLB club since they already have LoDuca at C and his value is probably sky high right now.

Thanks for the info :cheers

I'm glad I'll finally get to see both Jenks and Young play since they're two guys who have the potential to contribute a lot at the ML level. I'm a little surprised Gio didn't make the U.S. team, though. I would have liked to have seen him pitch, too.

Edited by dasox24

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:07 PM)
Gio is a US citizen and was born in Florida I believe, just an fyi.

Yeah, I'm not really sure why I wrote "world" team. I just wasn't thinking. :bang Thanks for the correction.

Keep in mind that only two players per MLB affiliate are chosen. So some teams that are deeper may have better prospects not chosen when lesser players on other teams are.

Baseball America chooses the teams in conjunction with MLB. MLB teams have the ability to veto a player if they choose. Gio could have fallen in this category since he has been on the DL recently. The Sox may have wanted him to rest. Or BA may have just preferred Jenks because he is closer to the Majors.

The criteria they have always gone by is a mix of potential and closeness to the big leagues. Potential is a key word there, because often times prospects are chosen that are not necessarily performing well. This is not an all-star game, nor has it ever been billed as one.

The Sox choices surprised me somewhat. I would have figured Sweeney or Anderson before Young. Bmac would have been my pitcher, but he is in the big leagues. Jenks is probably a good choice since he could be in the big leagues later this year.

I believe I have most if not every Future's Game on VHS. One day I will convert them to DVD and have a great collection to look back on.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:55 PM)
Am I looking to far into age then??  I really haven't seen him play that much and I know he's been damn good this year I just saw he was 26 and thought maybe he really didn't belong in this game.

In this case yes normally I would totally agree with you but he his game has improved steadily. He still owns the Longest HR at the Met with 500 ft+ shot into the soccer fields off BMAC. I think he gets traded in deal to bring FLA some help.