Juan Pierre is on the trading block

Southside hitmen

QUOTE(whitesoxfan101 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:56 PM)
How on earth could anybody want a .250 hitting injury prone CF with no power and no arm, ESPECIALLY when we have a GREAT leadoff man and 4 very good outfielders already?

Pierre is not injury prone and that's an asinine statement but what is not ist that you cna't have two of your outfielders combine for less than 5 homers.

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 09:57 PM)
I agree Pierre is having an offseason but he has batted over 300 the last 2 seasons with over 40 stolen bases...

Think our defense in the OF

PodsLF

PierreCF

Rowand RF

Pods is not a good defensive outfielder.

We can't give up any power now, anyway.

Edited by GreenSox

Before this year, I would love to have Pierre. Right now I'm not sure. Before this year he would have been probably in the top 5 of the best outfielders in baseball as far as I'm concerned. I had heard that he was the hardest worker in baseball. But recently my friend told me that they are unhappy with him in part because he has been lazy this year. Basically, I don't really know. If Kenny found out what was going on with him and we wouldn't have to give up a ton to get him, I would still say hell yeah go get 'em. If he plays like he did in the past couple years. He would be the 2nd best player on our team behind Buehrle.

Don't the Sox need someone who can start giving Konerko a break at first...someone whose name is not Timo?

Even though he's hurt and is currently rehabbing in Charlotte, I would think that Ross Gload fit that role.

QUOTE(mrzo2733 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 04:15 AM)
Before this year, I would love to have Pierre. Right now I'm not sure. Before this year he would have been probably in the top 5 of the best outfielders in baseball as far as I'm concerned. I had heard that he was the hardest worker in baseball. But recently my friend told me that they are unhappy with him in part because he has been lazy this year. Basically, I don't really know. If Kenny found out what was going on with him and we wouldn't have to give up a ton to get him, I would still say hell yeah go get 'em. If he plays like he did in the past couple years. He would be the 2nd best player on our team behind Buehrle.

Been lazy this year? Seriously i doubt that, from what i hear from people like gammons and stuff he is still working harder than ever he is just having a bad season so far... reason they are unhappy with him is because he is hitting .250 with an OBP less than .300

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 03:57 PM)
I agree Pierre is having an offseason but he has batted over 300 the last 2 seasons with over 40 stolen bases...

Think our defense in the OF

PodsLF

PierreCF

Rowand RF

Our defense would have one and a half arms. Arow can throw, and the other two have noodle arms. The range would be good, but runners wouldnt think twice about taking another base on Pierre's and Pods' arm.

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:15 PM)
Pierre is not injury prone and that's an asinine statement but what is not ist that you cna't have two of your outfielders combine for less than 5 homers.

QUOTE(Pauly8509CWS @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 01:46 AM)
Our defense would have one and a half arms.  Arow can throw, and the other two have noodle arms.  The range would be good, but runners wouldnt think twice about taking another base on Pierre's and Pods' arm.

Quoted for the most truth in the thread.