How the hell that

Southside hitmen

QUOTE(Southside hitmen @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 06:36 PM)
Ozzie isnt an all-star coach.. I can see Trammel because the game is in Detroit but WTF is Macha picked over Gullien..

Francona called Ozzie before the game today. He left a message, Ozzie hasn't heard the message yet. He has possibly asked him.

QUOTE(sox-r-us @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 06:39 PM)
Ozzie has already said he would not be going even if invited....he has to settle his citizenship paperwork over that weekend

That's right, I forgot he was becomming a US citizen over the All-Star break.

I can't blame his choices: Trammel is a gimme since the game is at Detroit. Additionally, Francona coached Trammel at some point. Macha gave him a chance as a Bench Coach spot after he did pretty poorly managing the Phillies. Basically, Macha gets it out of gratitude. It's nice to see a guy that remembers the people who helped him out on the way up. Not having Ozzie in there isn't a big deal, since he'll probably get AL Manager of the Year (and will get MLB MOTY if the media favorite Frank Robinson falters) if the Sox keep it up.

It's funny how being in 1st place has changed my attitude about the All Star game. In the past, I would have wanted as many Sox player to get voted in and get some game time. This year, I think I'd rather have them stay home, not risk injury and rest.

We have bigger fish to fry.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:33 PM)
It's funny how being in 1st place has changed my attitude about the All Star game. In the past, I would have wanted as many Sox player to get voted in and get some game time. This year, I think I'd rather have them stay home, not risk injury and rest.

We have bigger fish to fry.

yeah my mindset has also changed towards that, i at least want garland to make it because im sure he wants to

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:40 PM)
Yeah I haven't even voted 25 times this year, usually I waste my 25 votes on the first day of voting.

i havent voted either, i figure it wont change much, maybe ill vote for twins players and hope for injuries ;)

QUOTE(chi-guy2 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 10:38 PM)
yeah my mindset has also changed towards that, i at least want garland to make it because im sure he wants to

the one guy i'm pulling for is konerko, just so i can get a slew of apologies from those of you on soxtalk. you know who you are!