Zambrainless melts down against the Brewers

Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 06:49 PM)
Wow.  Are you guys watching this?  He gave up a 2-run double to Doug Davis, the Brewers' horrible hitting pitcher and then he serves up a 3-run bomb to Carlos Lee.  8 earned runs in 1.2 IP and he's yanked.

Zambrano appeared to deflect a Carlos Lee line drive off his hand earlier in the inning. I'd have to believe his hand was effected.

Good to see this demoralizing effort right before our series.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 06:53 PM)
I don't think so.  It didn't look like it hit him that hard.

You watch the replay? Lee smoked the ball.

Obviously it wasn't hit hard enough to warrant his removal, but it still may have bruised his hand.

Corey Patterson hitting leadoff again may be the best news of the night actually, as great as Zambrano's meltdown was.....

Automatic out in the 1 slot for the "Cubbies" is a good thing to see.

LOL, Patterson is leading off because he called Busty and told him he wanted to try it again. And Busty stupidly lets him lead off even though Hairston's OBP is far better. I don't think Busty even knows what OBP is. :headshake

And of course KKKorey K's. :lolhitting

Edited by Jabroni

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:05 PM)
LOL, Patterson leading off because he called Busty and told him he wanted to try it again.  And Busty stupidly lets him lead off even though Hairston's OBP is far better.  I don't think Busty even knows what OBP is. :headshake

And of course KKKorey K's. :lolhitting

Exactly. Neifi has hit for average, but he never walks, so he could hit .330 and his OBP still isn't the quality of a 2 hitter.

I was watching on the Brewers feed, they said the pitcher for the Brew Crew was like 0 for his last 40 or something and those were his first 2 RBI's in his career.

Indeed. He is one of the worst hitting pitchers in the N.L., possibly THE worst.

Edited by Jabroni