Let's Play A Game

nitetrain8601

Okay, basically you try to predict the headlines in tommorow's newspapers. If it's successful, great, if not, well it was worth a shot since I'm bored.

I'll start:

CUBBIES LET A GAME SLIP, DEREK LEE GETS ANOTHER HIT

White Sox win another against defenseless bottom feeders of the league...inside, jay mariotti discusses how the Twins are setting up the White Sox for a big meltdown and the never ending attendance issue.

QUOTE(nitetrain8601 @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:29 PM)
Okay, basically you try to predict the headlines in tommorow's newspapers. If it's successful, great, if not, well it was worth a shot since I'm bored.

I'll start:

CUBBIES LET A GAME SLIP, DEREK LEE GETS ANOTHER HIT

White Sox win another against defenseless bottom feeders of the league...inside, jay mariotti discusses how the Twins are setting up the White Sox for a big meltdown and the never ending attendance issue.

You get this idea from the White Sox message board? If so, you probably won't come up with anything new. Their thread has like 500 responses.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:32 PM)
You get this idea from the White Sox message board?  If so, you probably won't come up with anything new.  Their thread has like 500 responses.

Actually I didn't. Don't visit the MLB boards and haven't been to WSI in some time. Sorry if it's been done before. I'll let it die.

QUOTE(rangercal @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:33 PM)
I read that entire thread, funny, but played out.

It had funny parts, but they just kept repeating themselves for the most part. Same joke recycled 400 times.

And nitetrain, go right ahead with it. I just thought it was similar and wanted to know if you had seen the other one.

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 07:35 PM)
It had funny parts, but they just kept repeating themselves for the most part.  Same joke recycled 400 times.

And nitetrain, go right ahead with it.  I just thought it was similar and wanted to know if you had seen the other one.

Gotta link to it?

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 22, 2005 -> 08:32 PM)
You get this idea from the White Sox message board?  If so, you probably won't come up with anything new.  Their thread has like 500 responses.

I read that too, but its preety old, the jokes and headlines would be differnt here.

YANKEES SCORE 20; 13 IN HUGE 8TH INNING COMEBACK

Yeah it happened yesterday, and yeah they've still lost two of three to the Devil Rays, but still...20 RUNS!

Inside on C17

- Ozzie Guillen said something that Jay Mariotti didn't like.

- Dusty Baker's new astrologically-based reason why Kerry Wood keeps having arm problems.

- Sox win again versus weak AL Central.

Edited by gettysburg32

Zambrano falls in a valiant effort while hill reaches his peak in a cubs loss.

KC couldnt do enough to hold off the streaking white sox.

In other news bat girl joins soxtalk!!!

Edited by chi-guy2