Another article about the sox and thier fans

drowninginflame

More rehashed same old same old crap. Is there no originality in sports journalism anymore? I want to say something about this north side/south side thing. I don't know what it's like now, since I left the area 20 years ago. When I was a kid I grew up in various north and northwest side neighborhoods and I was a White Sox fan. I was far from alone. The north side/south side thing was far more real with regard to football. I was a die hard Bears fan and hardly new the Cardinals existed. After my fourth grade year they didn't, as they moved to St. Louis. Also the population of the Chicago metro area is well over 7 million. It was 9,157,540 as of the 2000 census and has increased a couple of percentage points since then.

QUOTE(mreye @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 07:21 AM)
This article has one thing ALL of the others did not. It finally mentions the increase of 12% so far this year. It also mentions that while Wednesday was only 24,000, it was the largest Wednesday attendance so far.

I'd like to see the place packed, but it's going to take time. SS2K5 said it best in a previous thread. If you missed it look for it yourself. I'm too lazy.  :D  Comiskey is one of the most fun places to be when it's packed. (The old Chicago Stadium was by far the best!  :headbang  Moment of silence for Chicago Stadium...thank you very much)

the place will be packed this weekend ;)

that's enough time for me.

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
Can you believe it?  I would have never dreamed after 71 games we would be in the spot we are.

Not a chance. Not even my most optimistic guess would have had us 10 games in first place and at a 69% winning percentage.