116 Wins

Cubs Suck23

I think its a possibility. Hell we're 27 games above .500 and we've only played 73 games. It all relies if the Sox avoid injury annd that they don't have a let down and start playing without any brains and heart just cause they are 10 games up on the Twins. If they keep their heads on straight, sure there's a chance. But im more interested in winning a wold series and im sure the Sox are too. :gosox1:

Edited by Ozzie Montana

If it means our team will be burnt out by playoffs then no, I don't want 116 wins. I am happy with anything that wins us the division. I want a strong run in the playoffs. We will be in the same position to win it all with 95 or 116 wins. (If we want homefield in the alcs we should go for 100.) I do not want to be the mariners of 2001. I never thought I would get mad being compared to them lol. A World series championship this year is all I want. Even if we never won again in my lifetime I'd die a happy sox fan.

QUOTE(Ozzie Montana @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 08:31 AM)
I think its a possibility.  Hell we're 27 games above .500 and we've only played 73 games.  It all relies if the Sox avoid injury annd that they don't have a let down and start playing without any brains and heart just cause they are 10 games up on the Twins.  If they keep their heads on straight, sure there's a chance.  But im more interested in winning a wold series and im sure the Sox are too. :gosox1:

3 games over .667 and we have only played 71 games...unless the math that says 49 + 22 = 71 is now 73.

Just messin' with ya though...

:gosox1:

Edited by innersanctum

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 12:13 PM)
As long as its a first step to winning the World Series.

Exactly. I just want 11 post season wins, more than I want 116 regular season wins.

Edited by robinventura23

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 09:41 AM)
We'd have to have an amazing second half.  If we play at a 49-22 pace for the season, the team would end up winning 111-112 games.  That's steal really amazing.

Exactly. .690 x 162 games = 111.78. I would be OVERLY happy with 111 wins from this team. And like most, I wouldn't want them to burn out in the playoffs. If the Sox win 100 games or more, it WILL be known as one of the greatest Sox teams in White Sox history. It's by far the best Sox team I've seen in my lifetime. GO SOX! :gosox3:

QUOTE(AnthraxFan93 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 09:36 PM)
Tell That to the Marlins, Angels and Red Sox..

Well the Marlins had a very experiances manager, the red sox have been in the playoff plenty of times since the wildcard era and the Angels... they well they got lucky and faced a 1 man giants team.

QUOTE(SoxFan101 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 07:50 PM)
Well the Marlins had a very experiances manager, the red sox have been in the playoff plenty of times since the wildcard era and the Angels... they well they got lucky and faced a 1 man giants team.

I think August will be our toughest month 6 with the Yankees, 6 with Boston , 5with minnesota, 3 with Texas. andI hate to say it but the rest of our division is playing better.. We got a ways to go.

QUOTE(forrestg @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 08:31 PM)
I think August will be our toughest month  6 with the Yankees, 6 with Boston , 5with minnesota, 3 with Texas.  andI hate to say it but the rest of our division is playing better.. We got a ways to go.

:bringit