Sox Day at The Taste of Chicago

bjm676

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 11:57 AM)
Would you rather wait in the heat to talk to BMac and Garcia?  Or wait in line to talk to BMac and Garcia and get a signed picture from Willie?

I rather not be treated rudely by someone there FOR THE FANS. And it's a shame that Willie Harris can't act like an adult and do what he is paid to do rather than make a spectical of himself. Sooner or later (hopefully sooner) someone dishes him a nice big fat helping of kick ass in the shower to bring him back down where he belongs.

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(whitesoxin' @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 12:00 PM)
I'm not even keeping my Willie picture that he signed. I hate him. You can have it if you want. I was only there for Freddy and B-Mac.

Write a note explaining his behavior towards you and send it and the picture back to the Sox...

Price of fame: A strong South Side showing was on display Monday at The Taste of Chicago, with Brandon McCarthy, Willie Harris and Freddy Garcia signing autographs for excited fans. McCarthy's two-hour experience gave him a change of perspective, as compared to his very recent understated Minor League days.

He also received one prevailing piece of advice from the primarily supportive fans.

"Don't lose to the Cubs again, apparently, was the popular sentiment," said McCarthy with a smile. "Apparently, we were trying to lose.

"It was cool to see something like that. You go from obscurity in the Minors, where something like that would never be that popular, to where you go to something like that where people are lined up waiting to meet you and sign autographs."

Yes, please do.

He can't give an hour of attention to people who took off work, or braved the hot weather to stand in line and get an autograph from a player of their favorite team.. who was PAID to appear...

He's an ass.. always has been, always will be.

I just find it hilarious that he has such an ego and he isn't even that good.

I just find it hilarious that he has such an ego and he isn't even that good.

It might be misplaced ego, or possibly he just doesn't have a clue about what's appropriate and what isn't.

From what I was told he did the same thing at SoxFest ... he's there to sign autographs and interact with the fans, but he's busy yakking away on his cell phone.

Unfortunately, his behavior mirrors the behavior of a lot of people with their cell phones ... they are oblivious to everyone and everything around them, and will break away mid sentence to attend to the Almighty Cell Phone. I was walking into the grocery store yesterday and a lady was behind me pushing a cart in and yammering away on her cell phone. She smacked the cart right into the back of my leg and didn't even realize it.

Anyway ... hopefully someone from the White Sox organization can sit him down and say, "Willie ... when you're at a public event signing autographs and doing a meet and greet with Sox fans ... put your cell phone away."

Unfortunately, my guess is people have already talked to him and he just doesn't get the message. But his behavior is not much different than other people I see every day who are seemingly addicted to their cell phone.