Online Poker anyone?

KipWellsFan

Just wondering if anyone else plays. There seems to be a huge surge in poker's popularity recently so I learned how to play on my own. I play no-limit texas hold'em on pokerstars.net. Anyone play there or anywhere else?

It's play money on pokerstars.net by the way

I can't ever play in those "play money" rooms. People play hands that you normally wouldn't play if you were playing for real money.

I've toned down my poker playing from the school year, but I still play occasionally. Once I'm 18, though, Indian reservations, here I come! :lol:

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 23, 2005 -> 11:52 PM)
I can't ever play in those "play money" rooms.  People play hands that you normally wouldn't play if you were playing for real money.

I've toned down my poker playing from the school year, but I still play occasionally.  Once I'm 18, though, Indian reservations, here I come!  :lol:

Totally true with play money, bluffing doesn't work that well. In tournaments I think it works better but small money tables can be bad for that.

QUOTE(CWSGuy406 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
I can't ever play in those "play money" rooms.  People play hands that you normally wouldn't play if you were playing for real money.

I've toned down my poker playing from the school year, but I still play occasionally.  Once I'm 18, though, Indian reservations, here I come!  :lol:

It was not too bad when hammer, cheat, dan, wite, dbaho me, etc... played with the play money. But in general i get what your saying.

I play cash games at Pacific Poker mostly, with a little interpoker here and there. Mostly limit holdem tables, with a few SnG and Multi Tournies when I'm bored.

My best finish was about 2-3 weeks ago w/I took 4th in a 600 person multi. It was crazy fun, but I highly reccomend NOT getting into real money online poker until you know your way around the game because it moves rather fast.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
Just wondering if anyone else plays.  There seems to be a huge surge in poker's popularity recently so I learned how to play on my own.  I play no-limit texas hold'em on pokerstars.net.  Anyone play there or anywhere else?

It's play money on pokerstars.net by the way

I play on the play money tables at pokerstars all the time. Mostly at night, but occasionally during the day. I have the same username there that I have here.

What is your Name at pokerstars?

QUOTE(SAVVY18 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 11:21 AM)
I play on the play money tables at pokerstars all the time.  Mostly at night, but occasionally during the day.  I have the same username there that I have here.

What is your Name at pokerstars?

same as well, they need a buddy list thing there

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 02:41 PM)
I like real poker more than internet poker....

Who doesn't? I still find online poker fun at times. It's just harsh because you get called with crap hands that can outdraw you. It's a different game.

QUOTE(KipWellsFan @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
same as well, they need a buddy list thing there

I play at Poker Stars too, a buddy list would be nice, but under REQUESTS in the main lobby, you can find a player, and they save the names you have looked for. My name there is JCD755.

I used to be obsessed with poker, playing everyday at school and a few times at a friends house on the weekend. But now I am sick of it and haven't played for a few months. I'm too busy with work, baseball, girlfriend, and White Sox to waste my money gambling. I used to play on Empire when I did play online.

I used to play for play money all the time on poker room. I was just sitting there in my dorm room with nothing better to do on the average weeknight. I built up a solid bankroll and just got sick of it. I was in no threat of busting out, and I didn't really care if I won. I thought about playing for real money, but I have to many friends that keep telling me about their ridiculous beats. Online poker just isn't my thing. There are too many weak players that will play and do anything on a given hand. You just can't get a feel for their playing style most of the time. I just keep dominating weak players or catching bad beats, there's very few in between hands. I have much more fun playing with friends or guys I know, not just because of better poker, but also because I can actually talk with people and have some fun.