Retarded cheerleader awarded 11+ million

Cerbaho-WG

http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4604314/detail.html

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/loca...3879692,00.html

If I'm the defense, I'm arguing that Missy was brain damaged beforehand for being so goddamn stupid that she couldn't LEAVE THE f***ING CAR WHEN A TRAIN WAS GOING TO f***ING HIT HER.

Love this quote:

"Her disabilities are so great, experts testified during the eight-day trial, that she has no hope of ever holding down a full-time job or graduating from college."

I'm arguing that she was so stupid before the accident that she would never hold down a job and would only become a babymaker. Hopefully noones procreates with this f***ing moron so the gene pool can improve a little.

And what the f*** is up with her boyfriend? Pushing her car ACROSS THE TRACKS? ARE YOU AS STUPID AS SHE IS? I find it a bit funny that he's now joining the Marines. They've got a good one there.

The Martins had asked for more than $6.6 million to cover lost wages and future medical expenses for Missy, but did not ask for a specific amount in punitive damages.

What! How does that work?!?

QUOTE(Cerbaho-WG @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 01:06 PM)
http://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/4604314/detail.html

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/loca...3879692,00.html

If I'm the defense, I'm arguing that Missy was brain damaged beforehand for being so goddamn stupid that she couldn't LEAVE THE f***ING CAR WHEN A TRAIN WAS GOING TO f***ING HIT HER.

Love this quote:

"Her disabilities are so great, experts testified during the eight-day trial, that she has no hope of ever holding down a full-time job or graduating from college."

I'm arguing that she was so stupid before the accident that she would never hold down a job and would only become a babymaker. Hopefully noones procreates with this f***ing moron so the gene pool can improve a little.

And what the f*** is up with her boyfriend? Pushing her car ACROSS THE TRACKS? ARE YOU AS STUPID AS SHE IS? I find it a bit funny that he's now joining the Marines. They've got a good one there.

Nobody ever said Marines were very bright.

LOL!

Schuetze said initial statements by the crew to local law enforcement officers indicated they weren't sure they would clear the vehicle and that it wasn't until later that they seemed to contradict those comments by saying they knew they would clear the vehicle.

Schuetze said the crew was more concerned about keeping their schedule than being safe, and that they should have braked much sooner.

"(The engineer) rolled the dice to save six to seven minutes of time," he said.

Napper, who gave the closing argument for Union Pacific, began his statement by asking the jury to look at the placement of the car at the crossing based on an accident re-enactment done about a week after the collision.

Based on statements by several witnesses and the three-man train crew, it found the locomotive would have missed the car by four inches had Martin's then-boyfriend not pushed it into the path of the train moments before impact in a failed rescue attempt, he said.

So there is a car stopped that (at best guess) would have been 4 inches away from the train. Others in the crew didn't think there was room and that they would have hit anyway. They would have been able to brake to a stop, but decided to go ahead because they didn't want to be late by the 7 or 8 minutes braking would have slowed them down. To save 7 minutes, a girl is now retarded for life.

So it really comes down to how far away the car was from the tracks before sparky the boyfriend pushed the car further onto the tracks in a "failed rescue attempt"

Clearly in the path ---> girl wins

Clearly not in path ---> RR wins

Gray area for jury to decide

4" at best? I'm with the jury on this one and if the father probably in jail for killing the stupid ass boyfriend who pushed the car. Then again boy friend might not have been that stupid. There may have been cars blocking behind her plus pushing the other way would have put him in the path of the train.

Why did she not get her ass out the car? WHy should the RR be punished because she panicked? And in neither of the stories does it say how her car became 'stuck' on the tracks. Did she stop while on them? Then she is an idiot for not making sure she had enough room to clear the tracks before crossing. Did her car stall? Then she should have hit the brakes BEFORE her car coasted onto the tracks. Was she pushed onto the tracks by the boyfriend? The he should be the one paying. Where is her responsibility here? Yeah, I feel sorry that she is f***ed up for life, but it seems like a large portion of that is her own fault.

QUOTE(EvilMonkey @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:28 AM)
Why did she not get her ass out the car?

that is the main question here. If her car was on the tracks, you'd think she would get out of the car if it wouldn't move. but if it was off the tracks i could see her staying in there trying to back it up or just stay there until the train passes. I'd go with the rail road on this one and say her car wasn't on the tracks until the pickup put her on the tracks. And how come the pickup could put it on the tracks but not over them. It's a f***ing pickup...aren't they built to do s*** like that and pull or push heavy loads..???? :huh

QUOTE(TheBlackSox8 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 11:00 AM)
that is the main question here.  If her car was on the tracks,  you'd think she would get out of the car if it wouldn't move.  but if it was off the tracks i could see her staying in there trying to back it up or just stay there until the train passes.  I'd go with the rail road on this one and say her car wasn't on the tracks until the pickup put her on the tracks.  And how come the pickup could put it on the tracks but not over them.  It's a f***ing pickup...aren't they built to do s*** like that and pull or push heavy loads..???? :huh

It depends on the size of the truck (as well as the engine and gear in it).

It seemed that the jury focused in on the fact that the engineer saw the vehicle, it was clearly very close to the tracks, too close to judge if they would clear or not, had plenty of time to stop, and didn't.

If you see a kid playing in the street, have time to stop, and decide not to, is it the kids fault or yours?

QUOTE(Texsox @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 06:38 PM)
It seemed that the jury focused in on the fact that the engineer saw the vehicle, it was clearly very close to the tracks, too close to judge if they would clear or not, had plenty of time to stop, and didn't.

If you see a kid playing in the street, have time to stop, and decide not to, is it the kids fault or yours?

From the sounds of things.. it's the kids fault because he's too stupid to get out of the road.

well if the crossing gaurd came down, then wouldnt her car be blocked from him pushing it as soon as the crossing gaurd came to the front of his truck? If the gaurd was on top of her car when it stalled, then the boyfriend probably pushed her right in the middle of the tracks and then he would have had to push the gaurd out of the way to keep her moving, right?

What a stupid boyfriend. What a stupid girl. This is me running to the door and pulling her dumbass out of the car.