Hell hath officially frozen over folks

sox-r-us

Just hit an OPPOSITE....YES I REPEAT OPPOSITE (AKA NOT PULLING) field HR

-----------------------

If Joe can pan out to even a 0.275 hitter by end of this year, this is going to be one hell of a year for us Sox fans with Jon and Joe panning out

:gosox4:

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 10:39 PM)
A lot of the guys were going the other way today.  It was a beautiful sight to see.

You may correct me if I am wrong, although I will not listen to you, but Joe Crede has been going the right field way a few times these last few games and getting hits. Maybe Walker is working with him and/or it is sinking in finaly.

That ball went right back onto the field after being called a homer; was it a doinker off the post, did it hit the concrete, did it bounce out of somebody's hands, or did it just go straight to a Cub fan with quick release?

I'm honestly curious. Hawk never explained, but I imagine Farmer did. Anyone who took that inning in on the radio willing to share?

QUOTE(elrockinMT @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
You may correct me if I am wrong, although I will not listen to you, but Joe Crede has been going the right field way a few times these last few games and getting hits. Maybe Walker is working with him and/or it is sinking in finaly.

No argument from me here. The guys going the opposite way has been a real trend lately and its no surprise that the offense is scoring a lot more at the same time.

I hate to keep pointing this out, but if you ignore May, Joe Crede is having a fine year. He had 1 terrible month. If it weren't for May, he'd be a .300 hitter right now.

He's still swinging and missing too much right now, but he's not flying open like he was in May; he's keeping his head down and driving the ball, which is exactly what he should be doing.

If we can figure out a way to cut donw on his strikeouts, he could turn himself into an All star pretty quick.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 07:04 PM)
No argument from me here.  The guys going the opposite way has been a real trend lately and its no surprise that the offense is scoring a lot more at the same time.

So, would opposite field Crede shot = double shot of Jack?

If Joe became a solid 0.275, 25 HR, 75 RBI guy, I would probably be so happy that I would force all my neighbours to leave when a Sox game would be on

If he becomes that kind of hitter in the second half of the year, the Series may be where we are headed folks :gosox3:

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 06:08 PM)
I hate to keep pointing this out, but if you ignore May, Joe Crede is having a fine year.  He had 1 terrible month.  If it weren't for May, he'd be a .300 hitter right now.

He's still swinging and missing too much right now, but he's not flying open like he was in May; he's keeping his head down and driving the ball, which is exactly what he should be doing.

If we can figure out a way to cut donw on his strikeouts, he could turn himself into an All star pretty quick.

With all of the preconcieved notions about Crede, you will have to keep repeating it.