AND THAT'S A WHITE SOX WINNER!!!!!!

aboz56

What an awesome team! Its always nice to beat the Cubs- but to beat them like that is really satisfying. Lets hope this offense continues this tommorow vs Maddux. We have pounded Maddux before and I expect the same tommorow. Contreras needs to hold em like he did at Wrigley.

Here is to first to 10, 20, 30, 40, now 50!! :cheers

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

What can you say other than tip the hat and look forward to bigger and better things

This offense has become so much better since Frank has returned....anyone else notice that?

Frank had a HR, a walk that led to a run and a sac fly RBI today... yeah he is done

Keep it up boys.....you have made all Sox fans so proud with this awesome season.....no need to stop now

:gosox2: :gosox3: :gosox1: :gosox4: :gosoxretro: :headbang

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
Great win today. Freddy pitched his best game of the year (there goes the "Freddy can't pitch at Comiskey" theory), and the offense stepped on the gas in the 5th and never let up.  :headbang  for #50 today and  :gosox1:  for #51 tommorrow!  :gosox3:

The game at colorado> yesterdays game. I don't care that he gave up three runs in the colorado game compared to just the yesterday. He was just making the rockies ( best offensive team at home) look like complete at utter fools. He retired 22 in a row straight that game i beleive.

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 02:38 AM)
This is the Freddy I expected to see when we traded Olivo. Man did we ever get the better end of that

Worked out for both teams in all reality. They have their starting center fielder for years to come along with a possible back up shortstop in morse. They had no plans of resigning garcia so they figured why not get something in return. ( Potentially a pretty good player in reed) but i still think the trade is very equal for both sides.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 02:34 AM)
The game at colorado> yesterdays game. I don't care that he gave up three runs in the colorado game compared to just the yesterday. He was just making the rockies ( best offensive team at home) look like complete at utter fools. He retired 22 in a row straight that game i beleive.

That's the one game that could challenge today's performance, however, even though he did get 10 Ks that game, and he was very dominant throughout other than 1 pitch to Brad Hawpe, I think the Flubs have a better offense than the Rockies, and Freddy just completely shut them down, allowing only 3 hits, one of which was a homer, in 7 dominant innings. That's why I think today's game was his best start.

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 03:01 AM)
That's the one game that could challenge today's performance, however, even though he did get 10 Ks that game, and he was very dominant throughout other than 1 pitch to Brad Hawpe, I think the Flubs have a better offense than the Rockies, and Freddy just completely shut them down, allowing only 3 hits, one of which was a homer, in 7 dominant innings. That's why I think today's game was his best start.

Rockies offense at home> cubs overall offense.

You really cannot go wrong with eaither but i know which i would choose.

Worked out for both teams in all reality. They have their starting center fielder for years to come along with a possible back up shortstop in morse. They had no plans of resigning garcia so they figured why not get something in return. ( Potentially a pretty good player in reed) but i still think the trade is very equal for both sides.

Tell that to Mariners' fans. They call him "Donna" Reed cuz he has no power whatsoever.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
Tell that to Mariners' fans.  They call him "Donna" Reed cuz he has no power whatsoever.

:huh:

You need power to be lead-off or two hole hitter?

He will develope 10-12 home run power which will be fine for a player with defense as good as his and a player who will get on base at a high rate. We have to remember his numbers are not to bad considering he just turned 24 and in the mariners starting center fielder. I think from here on out his numbers will only improve.

:huh:

You need power to be lead-off or two hole hitter?

He will develope 10-12 home run power which will be fine for a player with defense as good as his and a player who will get on base at a high rate. We have to remember his numbers are not to bad considering he just turned 24 and in the mariners starting center fielder. I think from here on out his numbers will only improve.

I'm just relaying what I hear. He can get on base but he would have a lot more value if he could steal a few bases.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 02:00 AM)

I think what you see out of Reed right now is about what he'll be, .275ish and in the .345-.350 obp range, nothing wrong with that at all. Hes about an average major leaguer and Morse atleast could be adequate for them, so imo we absolutely stole Freddy from them they did get two starting position players for years to come neither are going to be stars but they're decent atleast in the Mariners case.

I think Reed will become a .300 hitter by next year and well idonno about you guys but from what ive seen of him he looks like a stud in CF.... still he really isnt an upgrade over any of our current OF's and by the time we need a new one I consider Brian Anderson a better product, not 2 mention he gave us Freddy... only if the M's kept Ben Davis though.

QUOTE(SuperSteve @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 06:31 PM)
I went to the game yesterday and it was a blast, but boy did parking really suck.

i was out fast.

actually suprised at the lack of traffic on the ryan.

QUOTE(Jabroni @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:37 AM)
Tell that to Mariners' fans.  They call him "Donna" Reed cuz he has no power whatsoever.

The one I live with has been very impressed so far. I guess it helps to not read the local media though lol (he just follows the box scores and transactions with an occasional article).