Flubbies @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

Well, we didn't execute today, lets go get em tomorrow.

If I were the Sox, I'd use the Ozzie Guillen method and come back tomorrow.

Garland on the hill against Prior, and I hope we hit that f***er. I hate the Cubs, lets win the season series!

Contreras and Hernandez are pissing me off as of late, I'm running out of patience with Orlando, you can't go on the DL every 20 some days. Stretch it out, stop being a baby and pitch, I want to win, and I want to win now.

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:46 PM)
Exactly, Contreras basically handed the Cubs those runs in the first inning. This game was a perfect example of why Maddux has 300 wins....and Contreras has been a bust overall in the majors.  One person will NEVER lost a game because they "beat" themself, while the other puts himself in a tough situation far too often on the mound.

This is why we need another starting pitcher. We will need a 4 man rotation in the playoffs. Each of the cubans will s*** themselves(no matter what their history is) this year.

QUOTE(Beastly @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 10:58 PM)
Contreras and Hernandez are pissing me off as of late, I'm running out of patience with Orlando, you can't go on the DL every 20 some days. Stretch it out, stop being a baby and pitch, I want to win, and I want to win now.

I don't mind Duque being on the DL. With the way he was pitching lately, we probably have a much better chance of winning with someone else on the mound than him. In this case, we get what we paid for in the injury-plagued pitcher.

Anyone throws below 90 and our guys s*** themselves to pull the ball.

The only way to beat Maddux who lives on the outside corner is to hit oppo.

We do this yesterday however the minute our team goes down a few runs everyone is up there swinging and trying to pull the f***ing ball.

Hopefully they get a better approach to the plate tomorrow.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 05:00 PM)
Or the fact that our number 3 hole had a terrible game today, unable to get the runner home in a few potentially big situations?

Its nice that he is working on a new swing right now. Getting lift and getting around the ball.

Nice job.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 11:01 PM)
Its nice that he is working on a new swing right now.  Getting lift and getting around the ball. 

If not for Rowand's clutch hitting this year, I would have been really disappointed in his offensive prodcution. Like I've said all year and earlier in this thread, he should never be hitting 3rd against rhp. Against lhp, that's fine. However, he's nowhere near good enough against rhp to be in the 3rd spot.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Or the fact that our number 3 hole had a terrible game today, unable to get the runner home in a few potentially big situations?

Our #4 hitter had a terrible game yesterday.

Rowand looked terrible today because he couldn't hit 1 pitch...a sinking changeup on the inner half. He had a bunch of swings that were right on time on the pitch, but it sunk away from his bat and he never figured it out.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
If not for Rowand's clutch hitting this year, I would have been really disappointed in his offensive prodcution.  Like I've said all year and earlier in this thread, he should never be hitting 3rd against rhp.  Against lhp, that's fine.  However, he's nowhere near good enough against rhp to be in the 3rd spot.

totally agree. he's not a no. 3 hitter. your no. 3 guy should be your best hitter in the lineup. if frank's not going to be there, i'd have paulie there.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
Rowand looked terrible today because he couldn't hit 1 pitch...a sinking changeup on the inner half.  He had a bunch of swings that were right on time on the pitch, but it sunk away from his bat and he never figured it out.

The thing is, Maddux is probably the smartest pitcher in baseball, so he obviously used that pitch to his advantage in order to get Rowand out. Rowand had some good pitches to hit his first AB though, and he tried to hit a homer instead of just trying to knock in Pods from 3rd.

QUOTE(southsideirish71 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:00 PM)
Anyone throws below 90 and our guys s*** themselves to pull the ball. 

The only way to beat Maddux who lives on the outside corner is to hit oppo. 

We do this yesterday however the minute our team goes down a few runs everyone is up there swinging and trying to pull the f***ing ball.

Hopefully they get a better approach to the plate tomorrow.

I still say there was nothing we could have done against Maddux.

The strike zone he was throwing to was the Maddux strike zone - every pitch even remotely near either corner was called a strike.

With a plate that large, our guys really didn't have a chance...if they look outside they have to swing at pitches that they can't hit, and then they get beat inside because they have no choice but to lean, if they look inside there's no way they can reach pitches that far outside.

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 11:04 PM)
totally agree. he's not a no. 3 hitter. your no. 3 guy should be your best hitter in the lineup. if frank's not going to be there, i'd have paulie there.

Right now, with no Frank in the lineup, I wouldn't mind Dye or Everett in the 3rd hole. Not only that, but Rowand farther down in the lineup would balance out the speed a little. As it was today, we had absolutely no speed from the 4 spot to the 8 spot in the lineup. I would guess it was one of the slowest group of guys in MLB history to bat consecutively.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 06:07 PM)
I would guess it was one of the slowest group of guys in MLB history to bat consecutively.

lol wouldn't it be great if they kept track of that sort of thing?

white sox 4-9 hitters, June 25, 2005, avg. 40 speed 6.6*

yankees 4-9 hitters, April 16, 1931, avg. 40 speed 6.5

* new major league record

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 04:43 PM)
The sox need to bounce back tomorrow. Got some money on this series.

You have money, I have civic pride on the line.

I don't want to see Prior beat us. Before this series, If there was one game I was looking to win it was tomorrow.

They've never been completely dominated by Prior--it's always a set of one or two offense plays which seemingly go against us. I'd be more willing to take this lineup against a hard throwing pitcher such as Prior than a soft tossing control pitcher like Maddux.

Prior's off the DL, probably not throwing his pitches with the command and velocity he had prior to being injured. I expect no less than 4 runs off him tomorrow. Anything less and I'm placing the blame squarely on the offense. They hit him hard at Wrigley-- not everthing fell in. Here's there opportunity to give Garland his 13th victory. Best against Best tomorrow.

Edited by Flash Tizzle

QUOTE(Flash Tizzle @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 11:17 PM)
I don't want to see Prior beat us. If there's one game I absolutely wanted to be a victory it's right here.

I absolutely hate Prior's personality. He is just such a smug asshole that has accomplished nothing in the majors to deserve the amount of respect that seemingly everyone gives him. I know it's not the politically correct thing to say, but while everyone was hoping that his injury wasn't going to be too serious, I definitely would not have shed a tear if his career was ended because of the line drive off of Hawpe's bat.

YUCK

Disgusting offensive performance. We just like quit after Crede was robbed. Can't win 'em all. Gonna be tough to beat Prior tomorrow, so Jon has to step up and get us the series W.

LETS GO JON

Also, Twins win, 9.5 game lead

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 05:32 PM)
YUCK

Disgusting offensive performance.  We just like quit after Crede was robbed. 

The term Corpseball is often thrown around without reason, but today it was just. Cubs pitching retiring 24 of our last 27 hitters is truly the definition of Corpseball.

Hopefully tomorrow I won't have to witness many first pitch swings against Prior early in the game. Prior's on a definite pitch count--work him early. If by the fourth it's obvious his pitches have command, than the offense can pick their pitches and swing early in the count. By then there should be 3 runs across the board.

Edited by Flash Tizzle