Flubbies @ White Sox Game Thread

SoxFan1

Lee hits a shallow fly ball to rowand that he almost lost in the sun.

Pierz lets a ball go through his legs, second and third one out, 2-0 count.

Contreras walks burnitz, bases loaded for ramirez.

Edited by qwerty

• Replies 393
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 02:15 PM)
Anyone else think that Neifi didn't pull the bat back on his fake bunt attempt when he got hit?  Doesn't matter though, Contreras s*** the bed in a big game.

Contereas basically has to throw a gopher ball to get a called strike. The ump aint giving him s***.

Goddamnit, I can see the bunt hit and Ramirez will hit his HR's, but the hit batsman and the walk ... sonofab****.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:16 PM)
Contereas basically has to throw a gopher ball to get a called strike.  The ump aint giving him s***.

Don't worry, I'm sure Maddux will have a huge zone for him. However, Contreras has no one to blame but himself.

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 03:15 PM)
Anyone else think that Neifi didn't pull the bat back on his fake bunt attempt when he got hit?  Doesn't matter though, Contreras s*** the bed in a big game.

Is it because this game is against the cubs it is a big game? Or is it A big game just because it is a game period? I am sick of people classifying every single game against the cubs as a big game. Every game is a big game to me outside of twins games. Then those games are huge.

However, Contreras has no one to blame but himself.

Exactly. Throw strikes and quit putting people on base with free passes. That's why he has to groove pitches to a power hitter who's looking for a fastball.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 08:18 PM)
Is it because this game is against the cubs it is a big game? Or is it A big game just because it is a game period? I am sick of people classifying every single game against the cubs as a big game. Every game is a big game to me outside of twins games. Then those games are huge.

It's a big game because it's a packed house, as well as against one of our main rivals. You're kidding yourself if you don't classify these Cubs games as big games. I don't consider every game as a big game. The season is just too long to "get up" for every game (unless your Rafael Palmeiro!).

Hey guys, don't get flustered by this start. With the Sox's superior depth, the team should pull this one out. At game's end, the Sox will still win 15-6 instead of 15-2. All the Cubs are doing is lowering the margin of their defeat.