Uribe still down

Balta1701

The AP recap of the game today (if you can even call it that) contains this little blurb about Uribe that I thought should be pointed out.

With SS Juan Uribe nursing a sore back, Ozuna started his fourth straight game. Guillen said he's not sure when Uribe will return.

Hopefully the rest will be good for Juan anyway...he needs something to get his swing shortened.

You have to like the way the role players on this team fit right in the kog that is the 2005 White Sox. No matter who plays, it seems (except thise third games in a series, hehe) we keep right on chugging. And I think that's a great sign of a very fundamentally sound ballclub. That's Ozzie's doing, whether or not you want to admit it.

I still like Uribe as the starter. Ozuna is an excellent utility man, but if Juan is down for an extended period, I believe Ozuna will begin to perform as expected.

Just look at that mutant Neifi Perez on the other side of town. he was the hottest SS in baseball for about three weeks until he came back down to earth.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 08:07 PM)
The AP recap of the game today (if you can even call it that) contains this little blurb about Uribe that I thought should be pointed out.

Hopefully the rest will be good for Juan anyway...he needs something to get his swing shortened.

That seems to be the solution for every hitter. I disagree in Juan's case, his swing is short he just swings too aggressively ... and even with that, I wouldn't tell him to tone it down. You may see the man drop another .040 points in the batting average by telling him to take more walks. Sometimes you simply get what you see.