Relief Help on the way?

The Ginger Kid

Someone may have posted this already, in which case I apologize (it's the first time I've started a topic). But this was an encouraging blurb from the Trib:

The Sox may have relief help within their organization. Double-A Birmingham closer Bobby Jenks and outfielder Chris Young were named to play for the United States in the seventh annual Futures Game on July 10 in Detroit.

Jenks, 24, is second in the Southern League with 16 saves with 40 strikeouts in 352/3 innings.

"Jenks is on a faster track than Young," said Dave Wilder, the Sox's director of player development. "He's up to 98 [m.p.h.] every day."

98??? That's sick. It would be nice to see Jenks fill the roll that Vizcaino is failing to hold down.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 11:43 PM)
Someone may have posted this already, in which case I apologize (it's the first time I've started a topic). But this was an encouraging blurb from the Trib:

The Sox may have relief help within their organization. Double-A Birmingham closer Bobby Jenks and outfielder Chris Young were named to play for the United States in the seventh annual Futures Game on July 10 in Detroit.

Jenks, 24, is second in the Southern League with 16 saves with 40 strikeouts in 352/3 innings.

"Jenks is on a faster track than Young," said Dave Wilder, the Sox's director of player development. "He's up to 98 [m.p.h.] every day."

98??? That's sick. It would be nice to see Jenks fill the roll that Vizcaino is failing to hold down.

Personally I want to see him pitch in Charlotte for a bit if he continues to dominate there then give him a shot but first off Baj deserves a shot and out of everyone in our system Jenks is the guy the Sox need to be the most careful with imo.

A) Jenks is a god damn mental case. And he's always hurt. Don't get too jacked up

B) I'm pretty sure his Ks per 9 are pretty crappy if that story is right lol

i have to stop breaking down things with capital letters :bang

Edited by jerseysox

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:48 AM)
:huh

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:43 AM)

QUOTE(jerseysox @ Jun 24, 2005 -> 11:45 PM)
A) Jenks is a god damn mental case. And he's always hurt. Don't get too jacked up

B) I'm pretty sure his Ks per 9 are pretty crappy if that story is right lol

i have to stop breaking down things with capital letters  :bang

11.21 K/9

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:59 AM)
Yes I know it was supposed to be a joke but it was written correctly.

QUOTE(WHarris1 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:52 AM)
Yes 35 and 2 outs.

More K's than innings=good K/9.

His observation was that it looked like 325 innings pitched. Because the 2 in 2/3 did not have a space in front of it.

Lousy observation on his part.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 01:00 AM)
His observation was that it looked like 325 innings  pitched. Because the 2 in 2/3 did not have a space in front of it.

Lousy observation on his part.

jesus. you're some tight-ass mothers on here. i'll try and elevate my comedic posts to the levels of simply leaving smilies.