"Respect"

DukeNukeEm

There's been a lot of trade talk threads around here, about Randa, Chavez, Zito, Schmidt and all sorts of players who supposedly could make us even better. But yesterday as I watched the Pregame with Kenny Williams, Kenny brought up an awesome point, with a team this good (50 f***ing wins in June, can you f***ing believe it?) it is EXTREMELY disrespectful to talk about players who need to be replaced.

Im no angel, and I get fed up with Crede's batting problems a lot, but to talk of replacing a player who is a clubhouse favorite and obviously a piece to what could be a WS puzzle is STUPID. Saying that El Duque needs to be replaced is even dumber and calling for yet another bullpen arm beats all others.

These guys are close to warriors as you'll ever see hit the baseball diamond. They lay out the stats that could be mean huge paydays this winter to move runners over and set themselves up. They do all kinds of things that if you asked of other players on other teams, they'd laugh. Try telling the Boston/NYY/Northside Ego-maniacs about Ozzieball, they'd get a great laugh out of it. But for some reason or another, we reeled in 5 players who were believers in our system.

They found themselves to be good fits and were what us fans always look for, winners. And look what they've done so far, they've won. Dye started off slow, many were calling for his ticket out of town, people want another starter because El Duque isnt all that. Tads, Pods, AJ and Hermy of course have been finds that makes the big boys scratch thier heads and wonder why they didnt offer them billion dollar uber-contracts.

So why are we doing this? Offering up trade ideas that would bump these warriors to the bench, pitting them to be forgotten and thier awesome accomplishments of this 1st half to be totally forgotten. I find it to be a total lack of respect amongst us Sox fans as a whole. The fact that we can find negative things to say about our ballclub which has done nothing but sacrificed what could be awesome stats for a win.

These guys are awesome, they're changing the face of baseball, and we think we can stand here and critisize thier accomplishments and ask for them to leave.

I'll tell you what that is, a total lack of respect and I cannot believe I'm part of a fanbase that does this.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree :) Tho i do like to have trades that help (cas i like trades :mellow:) I have to agree with u here. No trades are needed to a team 28+ wins over 500. the only thing i cud see us trading for legitly is a 5th starter due to injuries.

Im no angel, and I get fed up with Crede's batting problems a lot, but to talk of replacing a player who is a clubhouse favorite and obviously a piece to what could be a WS puzzle is STUPID.

:crying

Where did you hear this? OBVIOUSLY, how is he obviously??

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 11:39 AM)
I'll tell you what that is, a total lack of respect and I cannot believe I'm part of a fanbase that does this.

You can respect the team and what they've done and yet still be cognizant of the fact that we havent won a World Series in almost 90 years and that KW should do everything in his power to upgrade the team, if possible. Realizing that we dont have absolutely perfect players at each spot on the 25 man roster does not = disrespect.

If we had a BS flag icon, I'd raise it at the Joe Crede = clubhouse favorite comment as well. From what I've heard he's been a mute hermit virtually the entire time he's been with the Sox. That said, his defense is invaluable and 20 homers and 70 RBIs is more than enough, even if he does hit .240.

Edited by Adam G

Theres a reason he's still f***ing playing.

wow easy. What I've heard Crede is a low key, keeps to himself type of guy.

It's because the team loves him

Thats a reason to let someone keep playing, glad you are not managing the team. Im sure Timo is a clubhouse Love :wub: , but you dont see him playing everyday.

You can respect the team and what they've done and yet still be cognizant of the fact that we havent won a World Series in almost 90 years and that KW should do everything in his power to upgrade the team, if possible. Realizing that we dont have absolutely perfect players at each spot on the 25 man roster does not = disrespect.

If we had a BS flag icon, I'd raise it at the Joe Crede = clubhouse favorite comment as well. From what I've heard he's been a mute hermit virtually the entire time he's been with the Sox. That said, his defense is invaluable and 20 homers and 70 RBIs is more than enough, even if he does hit .240.

:cheers All i want is a better chance of making the WS

I'm sorry Duke but you are WAY off on this one. It's not disrespectful to want your team to be more ready to win a championship and if you believe that then you are gullible. Kenny says things like that because its a way for him to be able to spin deadline inactivity down the line. Ask the Pat Gillick-era Mariners how standing pat works for you.

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
And splitting apart this team will ruin it.

How? If the team concept is really as strong as you say it is, then the Sox aren't going to implode because KW ships off one or two players in an attempt to better the squad. The team concept is about winning, not about keeping around guys you get along with.

Edited by Adam G

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:29 PM)
team chemistry? Anyway, why would you break apart the best team in the league?

My ninja edit:

How? If the team concept is really as strong as you say it is, then the Sox aren't going to implode because KW ships off one or two players in an attempt to better the squad. The team concept is about winning, not about keeping around guys you get along with.

Why would you break apart the best team in the league? No one's suggesting something like that. To me, "breaking apart" sounds like we're shipping off all our talent. We would try to better the team because we realize that, as good as we've been, we're not perfect. Who knows if a season like this is going to come around again soon or not, we've gotta take our chance while we've got it.

QUOTE(Adam G @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:31 PM)
My ninja edit:

Why would you break apart the best team in the league?  No one's suggesting something like that.  To me, "breaking apart" sounds like we're shipping off all our talent.  We would try to better the team because we realize that, as good as we've been, we're not perfect.  Who knows if a season like this is going to come around again soon or not, we've gotta take our chance while we've got it.

The only huge flaws I can point out right now are the lack of a #5 starter, which we can fix and maybe move around Vizcaino. But none of us are GMs, so sit back and relax and enjoy watching the best team in baseball. :cheers

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:32 PM)
If trading Joe Crede crushes this team then we don't have the mental toughness to win in the playoffs anyways.

I agree, but I honestly don't see us trading Crede

QUOTE(wsox08 @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:41 PM)
The only huge flaws I can point out right now are the lack of a #5 starter, which we can fix and maybe move around Vizcaino. But none of us are GMs, so sit back and relax and enjoy watching the best team in baseball. :cheers

Yeah, definitely dont get me wrong...the first half of the season couldnt have been scripted any better. I'm not disappointed in the product on the field by any means. :gosox3:

WHY on f***ing earth would you f*** with this?

50 f***ing wins in f***ing June. This makes me so angry because you expect so much out of a team thats given a better product than ever could have f***ing dreamed of.

Theyre busting thier f***ing assess out there (Crede too) and you all sit back here "Trade him, Trade him." Are familiar with Jose f***ing Guillen, twats? How he got suspended for the playoffs because he's a douchebag? What if we trade for a guy who doesnt like it in Chicago?

Hm?

What if starts self-destructing everything?

Youre all so f***ing eager to bring in some guy like Randa or Chavez to take out a guy in Crede would plays great defense and obviously is a boon in the clubhouse.

For those who mentioned the Mariners. Let me tell you the name of our team in case you forgot, were the White Sox. Nobody has an answer for us, yet you want to bring in some overpaid 3B/SP who you think will make us better when in reality, its impossible for us to get any better than we are now. Dont f*** this s***.

Dont touch it, you're playing with fire if you start trading guys. Look what adding Nomar Garciaparra did for the Cubs.

I think the nine F-bombs helped you get your point across. :bang

Let's face it, there are some people here who think trades should be made, there are others here who don't. I don't think any minds are going to be changed. Lots of people flip flop weekly anyways.

I think the nine F-bombs helped you get your point across.   :bang

Let's face it, there are some people here who think trades should be made, there are others here who don't.  I don't think any minds are going to be changed.  Lots of people flip flop weekly anyways.

It makes me mad as a fan to look at what you have now and then want more. This group of guys and this group of guys only is what I want going into the playoffs, win or lose I wouldnt have it any other way.

Making moves are for the winter for us this year.

The reason for dropping the "F-Bomb" isnt because I'm trying to use it to strengthen any points, it's to let you guys know how mad and disgusted I am that you dont genuinely respect baseball's best team, even though you're a fan of that team.

Edited by DukeNukeEm

QUOTE(DukeNukeEm @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 07:46 PM)
It makes me mad as a fan to look at what you have now and then want more.  This group of guys and this group of guys only is what I want going into the playoffs, win or lose I wouldnt have it any other way.

Making moves are for the winter for us this year.

So if we have the chance to improve you rather not because you like this group we currently have? Right...

QUOTE(Punch and Judy Garland @ Jun 25, 2005 -> 12:14 PM)
I'm sorry Duke but you are WAY off on this one. It's not disrespectful to want your team to be more ready to win a championship and if you believe that then you are gullible. Kenny says things like that because its a way for him to be able to spin deadline inactivity down the line. Ask the Pat Gillick-era Mariners how standing pat works for you.

Bingo. 50 wins just means there is a better chance a move will be made.

How much better can we get? Do we need to get any better?

Do we want to give up BMac, Anderson, Gio, Sweeney for a rental on somebody who cant do anything these guys are doing now? Where do you put Chavez? Are you going to demote (basically punish) Dye and AJ by bumping them down the order even though the way theve performed and been so awesome? Same goes with Randa.

Another SP? Duque is injury prone, yeah. But we have f***ing Cotts who's been awesome this year, he's eventually going to get some starts, because Ozzie and KW know Bmac cannot get it done.

You guys are too stuck on this "you gotta get all the best players at every position to even stand a shot at hte WS" idea. It's really not like that, the Marlins had a good manager who never gave up on them and some serious luck and they won the WS. Now who says we cannot just stand pat with our awesome manager, and our awesome luck and play the same ball we've been playing all year.

It's not Ozzieball, Smartball or Smallball, its winning f***ing baseball. And bringing in some overpaid slouch (Chavez) or a former division rival (Randa) isnt going to help us. We have a team of White Sox players and I dont think it would help to pollute it with people from the A's, Giants, Reds, or whatnot.

Sometimes you gotta make a sacrifice to keep the team proud. This is a proud group of guys, no doubt about. They arent entitled, they arent overconfident, but they are proud and they are demanding respect. If Kenny goes out and brings in some guy it's like saying "You know, I'm afraid you wont get the job done, so heres some help." its gonna send a bad message.

They dont want help. They want to win it. They want no midseason carryovers, they want no overpaid 3B's and sure as hell dont want El Duque banned from the rotation.

You all are too into tinkering. And it's gonna screw us so bad if we do. Youre gonna f*** up this chemistry, this is really fragile what we have, and getting rid of one and replacing him with another has a definite possibility of throwing it off.

I like PunchandJudyGarland's quote:

"If trading Joe Crede crushes this team then we don't have the mental toughness to win in the playoffs anyways."

Then I guess we dont have mental toughness to win in the playoffs. Because losing anybody, from Crede to Thomas could ruin us.

Edited by DukeNukeEm