HSC

SoxFanForever

while i hope he stays healthy i do not like the way the mri shows nothing to worry about.. thats what happened al a wright too.....maybe we dont have anyone whos qualified to read one properly???? the whole thing just bothers me............ill take the wait and see approach on this one..........but your welcome anyhow for the info.........

If he went to the guy Wright went to, he went to the best in the business.

You can have a sore arm and have nothing show up on the MRI.

Guest hotsoxchick1
If he went to the guy Wright went to, he went to the best in the business.

You can have a sore arm and have nothing show up on the MRI.

well im sure they didnt send him all the way to UAB for an mri... i would be willing to bet they did it locally........(around chicagoland).............

while i hope he stays healthy i do not like the way the mri shows nothing to worry about.. thats what happened al a wright too.....maybe we dont have anyone whos qualified to read one properly???? the whole thing just bothers me............ill take the wait and see approach on this one..........but your welcome anyhow for the info.........

Wright was also examined by Dr. Andrews. I have a hunch he knows how to read an MRI. ;-)

My bet is that Wright will be back in ChiTown next week.  Koch looked ok to me Saturday night....

that HR hit against him was a fluke.

Hey 'Oats, what's happening??

I didn't see Koch's whole inning the other night, but I don't recall the radar gun reading higher than 88. Did I miss it or was his velocity WAY down?

Last few times I've watched Koch he has looked a whole lot better. I've noticed him getting hit but they look kind of like flukes. Just like the homer Flash gave up was a fluke a few days back. That was on a high pitch, if that happens you got to simply tip your cap.

Don't worry about Koch, he's a gamer and he'll be just fine.

Also, I agree with Hudler on the Andrews part. He's about as respected as it gets and I'll trust that he can read an MRI. If he can't, then its just a crapshoot and there is nothing else you can do.

Also, I agree with Hudler on the Andrews part.  He's about as respected as it gets and I'll trust that he can read an MRI.  If he can't, then its just a crapshoot and there is nothing else you can do.

I agree there is nothing phisically wrong with Botch, except for being a lousy closer.

Am I missing something here or has his velocity been way down?

This has been a topic of discussion several times, and Koch addressed it himself. He said the gun at US Cellular is "way off", but that it "doesn't matter how hard he's throwing as long as they're hitting it".

His velocity seems to be registering higher on the road, so his story seems to check out.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Wright was also examined by Dr. Andrews. I have a hunch he knows how to read an MRI.  ;-)

i know wright was but we were talking about botch in that post.......i highly doubt they send him down to alabama to be checked out when they could have done it up here at university chicago hospital instead.......i know for sure hes been working out in lisle.........

Guest hotsoxchick1
Yeah.  On Saturday Hawk said that the gun was well off, and it needed recalibration.

how come its only off for botch then and everyone else is hitting their speeds?????? maybe its got a thing against him ???lmao.... yeah right..........the gun is fine botches speed is down............ ;)

its both...the sox gun is a few off but botch 's speed is down alot more than that..i add about 4mph to our gun at the cell...against the twins his best fastball registered 90 mph...im guessing it really was about 94..about 5 mph off what should be his best fastball

Guest hotsoxchick1
its both...the sox gun is a few off but botch 's speed is down alot more than that..i add about  4mph to our gun at the cell...against the twins his best fastball registered 90 mph...im guessing it really was about 94..about 5 mph off what should be his best fastball

i was commenting on how funny it was that the gun dipped for botch but not loz or anyone else for that matter.........hmmmmmm me thinks someones tinkering with the radar???????????? i doubt it........ ;)

i was commenting on how funny it was that the gun dipped for botch but not loz or anyone else for that matter.........hmmmmmm me thinks someones tinkering with the radar???????????? i doubt it........ ;)

loaiza's best fastball yesterday was 91mph...matt , you seen him pitch alot..does he normally throw about 95???

Guest hotsoxchick1
loaiza's best fastball yesterday was 91mph...matt , you seen him pitch alot..does he normally throw about 95???

doesnt he usually hover around 90-95?????? so whats so off about that????? .. its not like botches, which is about 10 mph or more off...............

i know wright was but we were talking about botch in that post.......i highly doubt they send him down to alabama to be checked out when they could have done it up here at university chicago hospital instead.......i know for sure hes been working out in lisle.........

Dr. Andrews is who the Sox use for a 2nd opinion when needed. If they don't feel a need for a second opinion, then you are right. Their first option is in Chicago.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Dr. Andrews is who the Sox use for a 2nd opinion when needed.  If they don't feel a need for a second opinion, then you are right.  Their first option is in Chicago.

this i know...... ;) ..........

doesnt he usually hover around 90-95?????? so whats so off about that????? .. its not like botches, which is about 10 mph or more off...............

Well Loaiza hit 94/95 a few times that I saw earlier in the season (I was shocked, as I didn't know he could bring that kind of heat). As someone mentioned, the other night the US Cellular gun said 90/91. That's about 4 MPH difference, which also was pointed out.

Koch may be throwing slower than usual, but I sure hope it's 94 MPH and not 90 MPH -- there's a HUGE difference between the two.

Well Loaiza hit 94/95 a few times that I saw earlier in the season (I was shocked, as I didn't know he could bring that kind of heat).  As someone mentioned, the other night the US Cellular gun said 90/91.  That's about 4 MPH difference, which also was pointed out.

Koch may be throwing slower than usual, but I sure hope it's 94 MPH and not 90 MPH -- there's a HUGE difference between the two.

I can attest to radar guns being off. The gun at the Hoover Met is 3-4 miles an hour slower than the guns the scouts use behind home plate. I am told it is because of distance (the Barons gun shoots from the pressbox). Hence, if I am not seeing one of the guns behind home plate, I add the 3-4 mphs.