Bad hitting form today

VAfan

In the 7th inning today, after Jerome Williams walked Harris to lead off, I thought both Frank Thomas and Konerko tried too hard to tie the ballgame instead of just getting on and increasing the pressure. Both popped up. AJ also didn't hit well after Dye was plunked the next inning. And then Everett hit into a DP and prevented Frank from having a second chance.

Don't forget what got us to 50-24 guys.

QUOTE(VAfan @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 12:27 AM)
In the 7th inning today, after Jerome Williams walked Harris to lead off, I thought both Frank Thomas and Konerko tried too hard to tie the ballgame instead of just getting on and increasing the pressure.  Both popped up.  AJ also didn't hit well after Dye was plunked the next inning.  And then Everett hit into a DP and prevented Frank from having a second chance. 

Don't forget what got us to 50-24 guys.

The worst part of it is that both Thomas and Konerko swang at the first dam pitch.

AJ swings at a sinker on 3-1 that would have been a ball. Instead of there being runners on first and second with no outs there is no runners on with 2 outs.

And.....

Iguci should not have sit. He has more chance doing something against Prior ( even being a righty) then a left handed Willie Harris who has been eating pumkin seeds the last two games. If you want to play Harris play him the first game of the Detroit series not the rubber game of this series.

It was bad out there. AJ was swinging at everything right on his wrists and anything low and in. Frank and PK both tried to tie the game once Willie got on and failed miserably.

The worst part is, I even found out after the first 2 innings what Prior was throwing and when and our guys were still clueless to what was going to be thrown. That's what pissed me off the most.

The worst part is, I even found out after the first 2 innings what Prior was throwing and when and our guys were still clueless to what was going to be thrown. That's what pissed me off the most.

So true! Iwas also pissed that they didnt get Prior out off the game. We all knew he was going to have a 60 to 80 pitch count. I just reminded me of the old Sox! Me no likey!! :headshake

I think the guys were pressing out there. In the grand scheme of things the game was pretty meaningless but being a crosstown rivalry they were out there trying a little too hard. We should be just fine though. Everyone going off and acting like we just fell below .500 or lost the division lead or something is a little over the top.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
I think the guys were pressing out there.  In the grand scheme of things the game was pretty meaningless but being a crosstown rivalry they were out there trying a little too hard.  We should be just fine though.  Everyone going off and acting like we just fell below .500 or lost the division lead or something is a little over the top.

DING DING DING.....

start b****ing when were on a 8 game losing streak...

It wasn't as bad as this thread would make you think. Heres the heart of the line up, everyone had 3 AB except Dye who was plunked on the second pitch of the last appearance.

Batter    #of p
Frank Thomas  9
Paul Konerko  9
Aaron Rowand  14
Jermaine Dye  12
Pierzynski    12

Prior threw 50 of 71 for strikes, Williams 14 of 23 and Dempster 4 of 8. I think they tried to work the count but when the pitchers throw that many strikes you have to swing or you'll just get called out anyway. Then the thread would be about a bunch of corpses too sleepy to take a whack.

The grub did a good job, leave it at that.

QUOTE(NUKE_CLEVELAND @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 02:10 AM)
I think the guys were pressing out there.  In the grand scheme of things the game was pretty meaningless but being a crosstown rivalry they were out there trying a little too hard.  We should be just fine though.  Everyone going off and acting like we just fell below .500 or lost the division lead or something is a little over the top.

My thoughts exactly. :gosox1: :gosox2: :gosox3: :gosoxretro: :gosox4:

No game is meaningless in the season my friend until home field advantage is determined. This game counts just like all the rest. I'm not pissed we split with the Cubs, I'm pissed we split with a mediocre ballclub. Everyone outside of Lee and Ramirez have major flaws as hitters and we didn't exploit them. Our hitters, career wise at least, show that we should've scored many more runs than we did.