White Sox at Detroit Tigers 6/28 6:05

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(GreatScott82 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 06:50 PM)
at this rate the game will be over at 7:30

I hate 12-2 blowouts and here's why...

A pitcher pitches like crap one day (Mitre on Friday) and most of our offense gets a homer and so the next few games everyone thinks they are Barry Bonds and swings for the fences at first pitches..

We have been winning because of singles, walks, stolen bases, etc....if a pitcher knows you are going TO SWING AT EVERY FREAKING PITCH it is easy for them...

I just hate the 10 runs or more offensive output because they forget the basics..

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:50 PM)
In absolutely no way is this a sky is falling statement, but if we don't play solid baseball this week, we'll be lucky to have a lead over 5 games over the Twins.

I would say it is a good bet that we will be around 5 1/2 to 6 1/2 up at the end of the week. Just a matter of scheduling. Twins should win every game this week, while I'd love to win 3. 6 1/2 would be a real feat I think at this point.

It's still early to tell, but I'm wondering if our offense is better off with someone like Everett in the order (when he's swinging well) than Frank Thomas. Now, I like Frank as much as anyone, but he's turned into an all-or-nothing player now. I'm not so sure how that approach will work with this cast of players we have.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 11:56 PM)
FC for Ivan....inning over. Anyone else thinking "Man, we shoulda picked up Polanco."

We had no one we could give up like Urbina. Not only that, Polanco was still owed a lot of money this season.

QUOTE(The Ginger Kid @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 06:56 PM)
didn't the Sox go into the tank last year after the Cubs series at home?

No - they actually played well for a few weeks after that..

They tanked after Minny swept us at home..

QUOTE(fathom @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 07:56 PM)
It's still early to tell, but I'm wondering if our offense is better off with someone like Everett in the order (when he's swinging well) than Frank Thomas.  Now, I like Frank as much as anyone, but he's turned into an all-or-nothing player now.  I'm not so sure how that approach will work with this cast of players we have.

9-3 with Frank in the line-up. As I say this, the Ump doesn't give Frank a time-out and he K's.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 11:59 PM)
9-3 with Frank in the line-up. As I say this, the Ump doesn't give Frank a time-out and he K's.

WTF was that? Seems this home ump has a vendetta against Frank. Rung him up late in the 1st and now this.