White Sox at Detroit Tigers 6/28 6:05

• Replies 593
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:38 PM)
Buehrle is so clearly the starter for the ASG.  I don't give two s***s what Halladay does, Buehrle is getting that nod.

Halladay is currently kicking TB's ass. 8.2 innings 1 R, 7 Ks 7H. It's tied at 1 in the ninth.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:40 PM)
Halladay is currently kicking TB's ass. 8.2 innings 1 R, 7 Ks 7H. It's tied at 1 in the ninth.

I reiterate

Buehrle is so clearly the starter for the ASG.  I don't give two s***s what Halladay does, Buehrle is getting that nod.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
What will it take for some of you to get some god damn confidence in this team. Were 51-24, start believing in this f***ing team.

you know that some of these guys believe a good team should never lose a game.

it's pathetic, but nothing is gonna change 'em.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:45 PM)
What will it take for some of you to get some god damn confidence in this team. Were 51-24, start believing in this f***ing team.

If you're talking about the reaction to the lead-off triple, that would be the response of 99% of fans. Pudge missed a homer by inches and got a triple. The wide majority of people would think, "Oh s***."

QUOTE(Milkman delivers @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:47 PM)
If you're talking about the reaction to the lead-off triple, that would be the response of 99% of fans.  Pudge missed a homer by inches and got a triple.  The wide majority of people would think, "Oh s***."

well don't say, "i'm glad i get to see another blown save by hermy"

first of all, he's been pretty solid for us, and 2nd of all, have a little faith this team can get the job done sometimes.

QUOTE(Soxnbears01 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
well don't say, "i'm glad i get to see another blown save by hermy"

first of all, he's been pretty solid for us, and 2nd of all, have a little faith this team can get the job done sometimes.

I don't think anyone would've been glad to see a blown save.

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:48 PM)
It's not only that, but just going back on reading the last 4 pages, you would think after the triple the Sox walked off the field and the game was over. Good lord, the guy has been a stud, and besides the 1, yes, 1 blown save, he has been amazing. Get some faith people, I don't  know what else these guys can prove at this point in the season.

Dustin has been amazing, he is the reason we have the best record in baseball. I can see why people don't trust him, and that's because he doesn't have the kind of pitch that most closers have. he's our version of Eddie Guardado out there, he just guts it out and gets the job done (tonight being the perfect example).

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 08:46 PM)
Let me just verify something.....ok......wait.....yeah, ok, yes......it IS the Tampa Bay Devil Rays.

How is that Halladay's fault. he's beating the teams in his division.

I think some of us need to be a little less impulsive when we criticize this team. If the offense slumps for a day or two, everyone thinks we need 2 bats. If one of our starters look shaky for 2 starts, then we need 2 arms. If our pen gets knocked around a little bit, we need 2 closers. This team as a whole will have slumps and most of the players will go through their own slump. This team doesn't blow teams away, but they find a way to get it done, most of the time.