klein's book

sec159row2

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 09:09 AM)
anybody read this book???  given the stories circulating and the fact that networks are not interviewing this guy make me want to read it...  if it were trash as hillary says... why is she not suing???

http://view.exacttarget.com/?ffcc17-fe9615...97c6d017f731578

Because it's not worth clogging up the judicial system? And the people that are going to vote for her aren't going to read it? And the people that are going to read it already don't like her? It's not exactly a book for those fence sitting on Hillary....

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 10:09 AM)
anybody read this book???  given the stories circulating and the fact that networks are not interviewing this guy make me want to read it...  if it were trash as hillary says... why is she not suing???

http://view.exacttarget.com/?ffcc17-fe9615...97c6d017f731578

Do you know how hard it is to prove libel/slander?

Public officials can't sue for slander unless it ruins their career. Nobody gives a s*** about this book except for people who already didn't like her. This won't change anyone's mind....

Did you hear Billy Graham this weekend saying that Bill Clinton should be an evangelist and let Hillary run the country?

QUOTE(southsider2k5 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 08:20 AM)
Do you know how hard it is to prove libel/slander?

It's even harder to prove it against a public figure.

Klein's book is basically nothing but a summary of a bunch of other poorly-sourced allegations that were tossed out against the Clintons over the years.

For some great fun, you can hear Klein himself fall apart during his appearance on the Al Franken show last week when Al (shocking!) called him on factual mistakes.

QUOTE(Balta1701 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 10:20 AM)
It's even harder to prove it against a public figure.

Klein's book is basically nothing but a summary of a bunch of other poorly-sourced allegations that were tossed out against the Clintons over the years.

For some great fun, you can hear Klein himself fall apart during his appearance on the Al Franken show last week when Al (shocking!) called him on factual mistakes.

this interview was funny... why did they bother to bring in klein? al and joe conason could have attacked him without wasting his time...

From a fairly conservative John Podhoretz (1988 speechwriter for Reagan, worked at the Moonie Times, works at FOX News, National Review, Weekly Standard, etc.: "If any book in recent memory reads as though it has been written out of greed - a greedy hunger to separate millions of conservative book buyers from their hard-earned 25 bucks - it is Ed Klein's "The Truth About Hillary." This is one of the most sordid volumes I've ever waded through. Thirty pages into it, I wanted to take a shower. Sixty pages into it, I wanted to be decontaminated. And 200 pages into it, I wanted someone to drive stakes through my eyes so I wouldn't have to suffer through another word."

You can read the whole article here: http://www.nypost.com/postopinion/opedcolumnists/48801.htm

Another one of my favorite portions was that Klein said Hillary was a lesbian because she has lesbian friends. I have lesbian friends too. Who knew I was a lesbian?

http://mediamatters.org/items/200506230001 -- Fun link with a ton of factual errors that Klein has discussed in his book.