BMac to start Wednesday against Detroit

bjm676

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 03:33 PM)
He is also pitching at Comerica,

There ya go, that's a big key right there. Brandon has been having trouble giving up the long ball more then anything, Tigers lineup or not I think his numbers will be much better this time around and he'll atleast give us a shot to win.

There ya go, that's a big key right there.  Brandon has been having trouble giving up the long ball more then anything, Tigers lineup or not I think his numbers will be much better this time around and he'll atleast give us a shot to win.

That is nice that he is starting at a massive pitcher's park. He will have THAT going for him.

QUOTE(DBAH0 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 05:08 PM)
Gotta remember, Detroit's pen hasn't been that great either so hopefully we can get to them early in the series.

If B-Mac can throw the change for strikes, and establish his curve, and leave his fastball down in the zone, he'll pitch well in my mind. Don't give up on him because his last 2 or 3 starts haven't been great, gotta remember how well he threw in his MLB debut against the Flubs.

That's a whooooooole lotta ifs right there.

Damn, damn, damn! I was really hoping they'd be able to get him an outing or two from the pen before he had to start again. His problem thus far has been two things: He hasn't thrown his changeup AT ALL (once in his last start), and he appears to lack confidence in his stuff. Two problems that I thought could be corrected by some relief outings. Oh well, I just hope he decides to throw that good change a few more times in this outing, which will hopefully help him get some outs and build his confidence. Pitching in Comerica and against the Tigers should help some though, especially considering they have very little plate discipline and he has shown an ability to get Ks with great frequency. His K/9 at Charlotte is still over 11.

Edited by Dam8610

QUOTE(Tony82087 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 06:03 PM)
I have a feeling Brandon is going to give us something to be really excited for Wednesday. His changeup wasn't working his last start, and he knew that;He said that in the postgame agaisnt KC.  If he can get it working, and get comfertable with it, I think Brandon can pitch pretty well agaisnt the Tigers.

Go Get'em Brandon.

He threw his change more than once last start? I saw one where the batter swung and missed, and he didn't throw it again. Did he decide from that one change that got him a strike that it wasn't working?

QUOTE(Dam8610 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 05:54 PM)
He threw his change more than once last start? I saw one where the batter swung and missed, and he didn't throw it again. Did he decide from that one change that got him a strike that it wasn't working?

I think he threw it for a lot of balls.