hot or cold

sec159row2

what do people like better... I'm still recovering from the weekend, I've been drinking water like crazy and havn't peed since friday morning, mild exaggeration, and all I keep thinking is those beautiful april 45 degree games... screw 100 degree heat... I can dress for 45 degrees, hat/gloves and such... but 95-100 degree heat... you can get naked and still be uncomfortable, from the heat :P ...

just wondering what people like better... sorry if this is in the wrong forum...

I agree...not a fan of the heat...although, I was in the UD, about 3 rows from the top, 1st base side and it was cool up there...no kidding. Wasn't even sweating, and I sweat a lot. It was teh first time I was glad to be sitting up there.

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 11:20 AM)
I agree...not a fan of the heat...although, I was in the UD, about 3 rows from the top, 1st base side and it was cool up there...no kidding.  Wasn't even sweating, and I sweat a lot.  It was teh first time I was glad to be sitting up there.

That's the advantage of the Upper Deck(especially the back rows. You have the high winds swirling in back of you so you get a nice breeze. I am a fan of colder weather as well for the reason that the threadmaker stated.

I love the summer, cannot stand the cold. I can tolerate both but I prefer the heat. I'm not a huge fan of urinating every 30 seconds anyway so who cares if you dont have to go 10 times a day.

I was at those early april games. You can dress for the cold sure, but your still uncomfortable. All bundled up, cant move, sweating inside the coat but your fingers and face are numb. NO THANKS!!!

Give me the heat, move to Siberia if you have a problem. :bringit :P

Down here in the valley, it's gonna get to the high 100's today, and over 110 later in the week, but if you go up to the mountains and grand canyon, it's only in the 60's to 80's.

At the BOB yesterday, they didn't have the air conditioning on, according to the local we went with, but it was still pretty comfortable. The pool looked nice to be in though. :ph34r:

Sticky jewels are not something I like. I also don't like frozen jewels.

I also like using the term jewels. :D

If I had to choose one, I'd probably say cold actually...you can always put more clothing on to stay warm, where as when it's hot out, you can only take off so much before you get a knock-knock from the donut shop for indecent exposure.

QUOTE(sec159row2 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 05:16 PM)
what do people like better...  I'm still recovering from the weekend, I've been drinking water like crazy and havn't peed since friday morning, mild exaggeration, and all I keep thinking is those beautiful april 45 degree games... screw 100 degree heat...  I can dress for 45 degrees, hat/gloves and such... but 95-100 degree heat... you can get naked and still be uncomfortable, from the heat  :P ... 

just wondering what people like better... sorry if this is in the wrong forum...

Whine, whine, whine... :) .

It's been in the 90's for, at least 4 weeks without a hint of rain down here in Austin. I miss the cold. I don't enjoy walking out of my office and immediately sweating.

It is fun to weigh yourself before you work outside and then after to see how much water weight you've lost. I lost 6 pounds yesterday... :o

QUOTE(KevHead0881 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:50 AM)
I look at it this way...

Would you rather burn to death or freeze to death.  Burning sounds a lot more painful.  I choose the cold.

Considering there's more likelihood of the 2nd one occuring, I'd take the hot weather anytime. :aussie:

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 01:58 PM)
I prefere the cold weather becuase for some reason I'm never cold. Snow isn't bad at all to me. Maybe it's because I'm Scandinavian.

Have you worked outside in the cold? Do you have a driveway? You come in from the heat and cool off immediately in an air conditioned room. In the winter it takes almost an hour to recover from the cold tempertures. Plus your nose runs when its cold outside, there are sooooo many reasons I like the summer more than the winter....

QUOTE(tonyho7476 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 12:20 PM)
I agree...not a fan of the heat...although, I was in the UD, about 3 rows from the top, 1st base side and it was cool up there...no kidding.  Wasn't even sweating, and I sweat a lot.  It was teh first time I was glad to be sitting up there.

Love the sig and avy! :headbang

Funny thing is, I think Kristin is the only thing we agree on lol. I'm a heat guy. My mom always thinks it's because I was born during a heat wave in June of 87. :lol:

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 08:14 PM)
Have you worked outside in the cold? Do you have a driveway? You come in from the heat and cool off immediately in an air conditioned room. In the winter it takes almost an hour to recover from the cold tempertures. Plus your nose runs when its cold outside, there are sooooo many reasons I like the summer more than the winter....

if your actually working out than the cold is fine, Like after I used to play my basketball games or sometimes indoor soccer games I would be fine outside without a coat in the middle of winter.

I would say I like hot better because I can show off my nice hairy chest.. jk... Snow is horrible and all the good sports are played while its warm.. football.. there is an exception :huh

Edited by wsox08

QUOTE(Chisoxrd5 @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 03:14 PM)

Yes I've worked outside in the cold and yes I have a driveway that I shovel in the winter. It doesn't take me an hour to recover, I feel pretty normal after I get inside. I'm from Iowa so it's not like I don't know what cold weather is.