any interest in Jo-Bo?

LosMediasBlancas

QUOTE(Finkelstein @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 05:51 PM)
If he isn't good enough for the Cubs bullpen, then I really don't want him in ours.

this is exactly how i feel, they have the on e of the worst bullpens in the league, and we are the best team in the league no need for this clown

I don't understand why anyone thinks we should look to acquire relief before starting pitching or even shoring up 3b. With Politte => Cotts => Hermanson as the front line, and Marte backing up, I think we are just fine in that department. Even Shingo looks like he still has a future in our pen.

EDIT: I'm not saying Marte is anywhere near where I want him, but he CAN be.

Edited by Hideaway Lights

QUOTE(Hideaway Lights @ Jun 27, 2005 -> 08:56 PM)
I don't understand why anyone thinks we should look to acquire relief before starting pitching or even shoring up 3b. With Politte => Cotts => Hermanson as the front line, and Marte backing up, I think we are just fine in that department. Even Shingo looks like he still has a future in our pen.

EDIT: I'm not saying Marte is anywhere near where I want him, but he CAN be.

I think you're right, a starter is priority, but if a deal for a bullpen arm is possibly there.....why not look at it? Doesn't mean we can't fil the other gaps later.

If Borowski was willing to go to Charlotte I'd sign him. There's nothing to lose and if he can't get his velocity up he stays there. I think the only time he's been effective this season was against the White Sox, and the first time if the wind wasn't howling in from LF at the Urinal one of the flyouts would have gone about 450 ft.