NBA Draft Thread

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 01:01 AM)
I love the NBA draft moreso then the NFL draft, unfortunately it's on around the same time as the sox game(6:30) so I'll watch the first few picks and then have to watch it during commercials of the game.

Hoping i can watch most of the draft since buehrle is pitching. Either way i will probally flip back and forth alot. Reason being the draft is once a year and a white sox game is 162 times a year ( hopefully more this year).

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:02 AM)
They are still looking to trade for one.

Yeah, maybe. I'm going to watch but I haven't paid much attention so other than watching a couple of the high school all-star games I don't know much about the HSers. Also, I know nothing of the foreigners. I won't be yelling or laughing at my tv and a lot of the picks as a result.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 01:05 AM)
Hoping i can watch most of the draft since buehrle is pitching. Either way i will probally flip back and forth alot. Reason being the draft is once a year and a white sox game is 162 times a year ( hopefully more this year).

Ha, good point on Mark. Anyways, I know the draft is once a year but for me the Sox are much more important then anything else so the draft takes a back seat but I'll be following during commercials, no doubt.

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:09 AM)
Ha, good point on Mark.  Anyways, I know the draft is once a year but for me the Sox are much more important then anything else so the draft takes a back seat but I'll be following during commercials, no doubt.

That's why laptops are the s***. Watch the Sox game on my Big Screen and watch live draft coverage on my notebook. f***ing lifesaver.

QUOTE(Kalapse @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 01:21 AM)
That's why laptops are the s***. Watch the Sox game on my Big Screen and watch live draft coverage on my notebook. f***ing lifesaver.

That's a good call. I just got laptop for a graduation gift a few weeks back, I forgot I can do stuff like that. :D

QUOTE(WilliamTell @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 07:52 AM)
lol oh he better not go there.

I think you'd be pleasantly surprised if you had Patterson on your team. He's a tough defensive-minded player who will break his back for you, definitely the type of guy that Sloan needs. He still has another 3+ years left. That would be an excellent pick-up for the Jazz.

I'd really like to see the Bulls find a way to add a pick, especially if they could somehow get a late first. Hell, even in the second, there should be some solid talent. This draft doesn't have the slam dunk picks, but it looks like there is som good depth.

Draft Day Trade!

According to ESPN, the Jazz have acquired the 3rd pick from Portland for picks number 6 and 27. This means Portland will probably take one of the high school forwards at 6 (Green or Webster). The Jazz are probably looking to get Deron Williams or Chris Paul.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:22 PM)
Draft Day Trade!

According to ESPN, the Jazz have acquired the 3rd pick from Portland for picks number 6 and 27. This means Portland will probably take one of the high school forwards at 6 (Green or Webster). The Jazz are probably looking to get Deron Williams or Chris Paul.

I think they are gonna go with green, webster has nothing but a pure shot. Neither of them are gonna contribute much right away but a couple years downt he rode green is gonna be a star in the league.

QUOTE(qwerty @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:52 PM)
I think they are gonna go with green, webster has nothing but a pure shot. Neither of them are gonna contribute much right away but a couple years downt he rode green is gonna be a star in the league.

Obviously they would prefer Green, since he is much more atheltic and appears to be a solid outside shooter from the little I've seen of him. However, there's a chance he might not be there.

QUOTE(ZoomSlowik @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:58 PM)
Obviously they would prefer Green, since he is much more atheltic and appears to be a solid outside shooter from the little I've seen of him. However, there's a chance he might not be there.

Green...

green33lq.gif

green47jh.gif

Kinda late, but here's a few mock drafts in case anybody is interested...

www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/mockdraft.htm

www.hoopshype.com/draft.htm

probasketball.about.com/od/nbadraft/l/bl_mockdraft_a.htm

www.nbadraft.net/index.asp

www.hoopsworld.com/article_12915.shtml

www.insidehoops.com/nba-mock-draft.shtml

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/ian_thomsen/05/26/mock1/?cnn=yes

cbs.sportsline.com/nba/draft/mock

www.nbawire.com/mock_draft.html

www.fanball.com/ph/article.cfm/ID.3987

draftexpress.com/mock.php?y=2005