NBA Draft Thread

• Replies 470
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

QUOTE(danman31 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
So are they drafting guys on how well they can dunk?

:huh:

How athletic they are has alot to do with it. Green is an athletic freak and is mostly compared to mcgrady, not a bad combination.

QUOTE(SleepyWhiteSox @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 03:13 PM)
Kinda late, but here's a few mock drafts in case anybody is interested...

www.collegehoopsnet.com/Draft/mockdraft.htm

www.hoopshype.com/draft.htm

probasketball.about.com/od/nbadraft/l/bl_mockdraft_a.htm

www.nbadraft.net/index.asp

www.hoopsworld.com/article_12915.shtml

www.insidehoops.com/nba-mock-draft.shtml

sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2005/writers/ian_thomsen/05/26/mock1/?cnn=yes

cbs.sportsline.com/nba/draft/mock

www.nbawire.com/mock_draft.html

www.fanball.com/ph/article.cfm/ID.3987

draftexpress.com/mock.php?y=2005

You covered alot of them...

http://elitedraft.net/index.html

http://www.hoopshype.com/draft.htm

Reasons for no Chicago picks:

1)

Phoenix receives a future protected Chicago first-round pick (062304 7th pick trade) Protected through No. 3 in the 2005 NBA Draft, through No. 1 in 2006 and is unconditional in 2007. (Luol Deng trade)

2)

Utah receives 2 future Chicago second-round picks in 2005 and 2006 (John Amaechi trade 093003). via Houston (Bryce Drew trade 092800)

He's skyrocketed because of a promise from the Clippers to draft him at 12 I would assume. But there have been some comments from the Clippers also that there are a few players they would take over Koralev. I'm expecting the Clippers to draft Rashad McCants and then trade him to Denver for their two picks, Denver is very interested in Rashad, as is Indiana at 17.

QUOTE(Palehosefan @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 04:08 PM)
He's skyrocketed because of a promise from the Clippers to draft him at 12 I would assume. But there have been some comments from the Clippers also that there are a few players they would take over Koralev. I'm expecting the Clippers to draft Rashad McCants and then trade him to Denver for their two picks, Denver is very interested in Rashad, as is Indiana at 17.

I never understand teams promising that they are gonna pick someone. There is always a chance that a better player falls to them. Koralev very, very unproven, as are most european players. He is gonna be a mistake for the clippers.

Unfortunately for the players, even a promise doesn't mean a guarantee of anything. Louis Williams is telling people that he has a 1st round promise, we will see how that goes. Basically telling a foreign player like that that you promise to take them, just keeps them in the draft and gives the team another option. If somehow a player they want more falls to the Clippers, which is likely, then Koralev is pretty much screwed and likely will end up in next years draft again.

Then again, its the Clippers we are talking about, who knows what they are thinking.

QUOTE(SoxFan1 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:44 PM)
Meh, not that big of a deal. Welsch was either a Rocket or a Celtic...which is it? I can't remember.

I wouldn't say it's not a big deal, Welsch is pretty solid.

Celtic then a Cav.

Edited by WHarris1

QUOTE(Rowand44 @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:48 PM)
Welsch is actually a guy I would have loved to see the Bulls go after.

We can pick up an undrafted guard in free agency for cheaper to fill the same role as he would. We are gonna use our money on bigger guard than we currently have and another back up big man.