valentin speaks again!!!!

baggio202

You need to pick your spots. I've coached many sports and teams, you don't argue untill it's really important, this shows JM's intensity towards Minny. As a wrestling coach and former ref, when your worst athelete gets screwed, don't argue, when your best athelete gets screwed freak out, that's when it matters and refs will pay attention because you are really upset. Hockey...badger every call, the ref could give a s***, argue pationately in the 3rd when it matters he knows in the back of his mind...I could go on for managing baseball and other sports, but really I believe that you have to pick your spots and though Manuel is even more selective than many, the umps will pay more attention because it is more rare that he argues. Hope that all made sence, sorry for the ramble.

Made sense for the most part.

Finally Manuel went off, not just came out to have a cup of tea with the ump for crying out loud. Just added to the intensity of the series and set the tone for the game. Nice to see that from JM, finally. I totally agree with you about picking your spots though, and i think that was a fine spot to pick :bringit

Made sense for the most part.

Finally Manuel went off, not just came out to have a cup of tea with the ump for crying out loud. Just added to the intensity of the series and set the tone for the game. Nice to see that from JM, finally. I totally agree with you about picking your spots though, and i think that was a fine spot to pick :bringit

Thank you, and well done for tonight for sho!

I said immediately that Manuel's reaction was purely manufactured. While it was a bad call, it wasn't nearly enough to warrant that type of reaction, especially from someone who never shows that kind of emotion. The missed HR of Crede's and Garland's ejection were both calls that warranted a hostile reaction of Manuel and we see nothing out of him. But a missed tag call at the very beginning of the game and he goes nuts?? No, he was doing that solely to satisfy his critics, imo.

Does anyone else but me, looking back at the ejection, think it was a little bit manufactured?

Not that matters, because it did what it needed to...

I think there was a genuine reason for the argument in the first place and some definite frustration built up inside JM. Still, it could have been manufactured or at least taken to a higher level than under normal circumstances.

I kind of liked one guy's suggestion that JM should have gotten tossed while presenting the lineup card on Saturday for starting the fair/foul argument with the umpires again. Don't think it would have had much effect on the umpires, but it would have shocked the hell out of his team.

All that said, I certainly agree that you have to pick your spots. I used to umpire and did a lot of JUCO games over in Southern Illinois. Every year Lincoln Trail JC would come down and you just knew that at some point during the DH their short little, loudmouthed Italian coach would come screaming out of the dugout spewing profanities all over the place. After the first year, it became more comical and it was kind of fun making him watch the rest of the game from the bus. Point is, the tantrums had no effect on the umpires at all and his team was so used to them they had the "here we go again" demeanor.

I said immediately that Manuel's reaction was purely manufactured.  While it was a bad call, it wasn't nearly enough to warrant that type of reaction, especially from someone who never shows that kind of emotion.  The missed HR of Crede's and Garland's ejection were both calls that warranted a hostile reaction of Manuel and we see nothing out of him.  But a missed tag call at the very beginning of the game and he goes nuts??  No, he was doing that solely to satisfy his critics, imo.

Me too he must read this board becasue it seems like everything one of us say that is a good idea he does. pitchers goin more than 1-2 batters. who is throwing from the pen etc.

:lolhitting Southsider.

I am sure he was just waiting for a bad call so he could do something. Having KW sitting in the stands right near him didn't hurt either I am sure. Hopefully JM now understands that his job is on the line and will actually try to "manage". Something he will need to do if we want to win.

The missed HR of Crede's and Garland's ejection were both calls that warranted a hostile reaction of Manuel and we see nothing out of him.  But a missed tag call at the very beginning of the game and he goes nuts??

While Crede's HR and Garland's ejection certainly were good spots for JM to get ejected, maybe the blown call in the first after the multitude of bad umping calls the White Sox have been victim too finally was too much for even Manuel to sit and take. I don't think it was manufactured..... everyone has their breaking point. Me, Guido, and RPS were cheering him on. Like Valentin said, JM finally going off "shows that he cares."

That being said, I still think the Sox are better off if Manuel gets fired.

You people are making JM Savior Jerry. But it was Savior Loaiza!

JM finally went out and stood up for his team, something that he should have done his entire time with the sox. Hes still one of the worst managers imo. Its like that Colon deal still makes KW a dumbass GM.