So...

Steff

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 10:02 AM)
Jim and I are going on a hot air balloon ride Saturday afternoon. Anyone been on one..? Like it, hate it..? I'm looking forward to it.. Jim not so much.

I don't think I'd like it. It does sound like a nice thing to do together, though. Have a good time.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 11:02 AM)
Jim and I are going on a hot air balloon ride Saturday afternoon. Anyone been on one..? Like it, hate it..? I'm looking forward to it.. Jim not so much.

Just don't tell people where at... you'll have people down there shooting holes into it :P

Seriously, have fun and wave at us!!! :)

My soon to be mother-in-law is deathly afraid of heights and she loved her trip. It's not windy...you just float there. And the basket she was in was big enough that you don't bounce around. I would love to do that. Have fun Steff and report back.

QUOTE(LosMediasBlancas @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 12:01 PM)
I'm afraid of heights, but have always wanted to fly in a hot air ballon and jump out of a plane.  I know, it's twisted.

I've always wanted to jump out of a moving car. It takes a lot of effort not to sometimes.

And I've always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride. So enjoy that Steff, I think it sounds so serene and cool.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 06:16 PM)
I've always wanted to jump out of a moving car. It takes a lot of effort not to sometimes.

And I've always wanted to go on a hot air balloon ride. So enjoy that Steff, I think it sounds so serene and cool.

There are professionals who can help you supress those urges.

QUOTE(ChiSoxyGirl @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 01:16 PM)

I once jumped off the hood of a car going only about 10-15 mph and that hurt like hell.

QUOTE(Controlled Chaos @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 03:58 PM)
Lisle Fest??

The closest I can come to hot air ballon is a glider plane.  It was very cool.

No, a company called SkyRide. I bought it for him last year and we've tried 4 times to do it but the weather didn't cooperate. So now since the weather is good - other than being hotter than hell - we've decided to do it. He's been making excuses too.. I think he's scared.. :lol: He's not too fond of not being in control.

QUOTE(Steff @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 09:15 PM)
No, a company called SkyRide. I bought it for him last year and we've tried 4 times to do it but the weather didn't cooperate. So now since the weather is good - other than being hotter than hell - we've decided to do it. He's been making excuses too.. I think he's scared..  :lol: He's not too fond of not being in control.

Neither are you... :whip :whip

Dang, steff, you're slipping. That was too easy... :lol:

Today's the day... leaving in about 15 minutes for the ride. I admit.. I'm a bit scared. The wind is blowing out this way.. and you just kind of go up with no idea where you might end up. :unsure:

Hopefully I'm not to freaked and remember to take pictures.. :lol:

QUOTE(Steff @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 03:01 PM)
BTW.. the ride was cancelled. Too windy. Didn't feel too windy.. but I guess it's best to listen to the pilot in a situation like that.

Do you have a reschedule date set? How much does this cost - I would love to try that some day.

QUOTE(Queen Prawn @ Jul 5, 2005 -> 03:06 PM)
Do you have a reschedule date set?  How much does this cost - I would love to try that some day.

No, I gotta call them. I'll PM you the site tomorrow (paperwork is at home). I want to say it was a couple hundo's. Not to bad..