One of the Most Prolific Quotes in History

AddisonStSox

"Conquest is made of the ashes of one's enemy."

Wow. This has to be one of the most influential, prolific quotes in the history of mankind. This quote perfectly captures the sentiments of all things imperial, progressive, colonial, etc; but, can you name the author of said aforementioned quote?

Was it Cesare?

Was it Napoleon?

Was it Genghis Khan?

Was it Adolf Hitler?

Was it Benito Mussolini?

Take a shot. Who do you think spoke so majestically?

We are going to be going on the honor system here, so please, please no internet searches. If ya'll can get it, I'll post the correct answer shortly.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 10:18 AM)
As a sidenote: I remember Starscream from Transformers saying this in the Transformer movie (which was awful).

:lolhitting :cheers

Bravo!!! Well done ol' sport!!!

Bored out of our mind the other day, my friends and I put the Transformer movie in and laughed our collective balls off. Whether it was the Transformers dancing to Werid Al's Devo cover "Dare to be Stupid" or any of the other nonsensical madness, we had an absolute laugh-fest.

starscream_s.jpg

Edited by AddisonStSox

Yeah, that Dare to be Stupid scene was pretty awesome...

I remember almost crying the first time I saw that movie, they killed a ton of my favorites (like Optimus, Ironhide, and Prowl) right away.

I am stoked for the new movie which is supposed to be released next summer.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 11:26 AM)
Yeah, that Dare to be Stupid scene was pretty awesome...

I remember almost crying the first time I saw that movie, they killed a ton of my favorites (like Optimus, Ironhide, and Prowl) right away.

I am stoked for the new movie which is supposed to be released next summer.

You know that movie is either going to be tremendously awesome or tremendously screwed up. I am thinking probably the former, considering the anticipation that this movie is causing.

I also read that another of my favorite childhood cartoons is attempting another big screen flik: He-Man.

Now ask yourself this, which of these two 80's cartoons did their fans a bigger dis-service with their movies, He-Man(Masters of the Universe) or Transformers?

Dolph Lundren? Weird Al Jankovic? Courteney Cox? Optimus Prime dying?

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 05:42 PM)
There was a He-man movie?  I missed that one.  The GI Joe movie was pretty solid, even if a little weird with the whole Cobra-la thing.

Are you talking about the GI Joe movie that was just out on DVD in the last year or so? Or an older one?

QUOTE(kapkomet @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:04 PM)
Are you talking about the GI Joe movie that was just out on DVD in the last year or so?  Or an older one?

I don't know if it was just out on DVD or not, but it featured Cobra Commander getting turned into a snake.

QUOTE(winodj @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 01:59 PM)
The Transformers movie should not be remade on the principle that no movie featuring Orson Welles should ever be remade again.

I don't think it's a remake. Rather, it's a live-action movie. Not sure what generation of Transformers will be used, but hopefully it's the originals: Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream...

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:33 PM)
I don't think it's a remake.  Rather, it's a live-action movie.  Not sure what generation of Transformers will be used, but hopefully it's the originals: Optimus, Bumblebee, Ironhide, Megatron, Soundwave, Starscream...

Starscream is my boy. He's been my favorite since day one--despite being Megatron's whipping boy.

QUOTE(Wedge @ Jun 28, 2005 -> 02:32 PM)
I don't know if it was just out on DVD or not, but it featured Cobra Commander getting turned into a snake.

That seems to be a common trend in cartoon movies...kill off the most popular characters right at the beginning and introduce new unwanted ones.

I actually really enjoyed the GI Joe movie...but I havent seen it in at least 10 years.