Interesting Question

Bmr31

I apologize if this was already mentioned. Remember when Jerry got tossed today? Well a HUGE play in that game was the call for teh double steal. Does anyone know who made that call? Id be very surprised if Jerry Manuel would have the balls to make that call. Anyway, whoever made it, i want as our manager. THat is the type of aggressiveness that we need!!! :headbang

I apologize if this was already mentioned.  Remember when Jerry got tossed today? Well a HUGE play in that game was the call for teh double steal.  Does anyone know who made that call?  Id be very surprised if Jerry Manuel would have the balls to make that call.  Anyway, whoever made it, i want as our manager.  THat is the type of aggressiveness that we need!!! :headbang

its pretty much an unwritten rule that when a manager gets tossed he calls the game from the tunnel to the clubhouse..or maybe in todays hi tech world he calls it from the clubhouse via a cell phone...

i'd really be surprised if anyone but manuel was really managing today

its pretty much an unwritten rule that when a manager gets tossed he calls the game from the tunnel to the clubhouse..or maybe in todays hi tech world he calls it from the clubhouse via a cell phone...

i'd really be surprised if anyone but manuel was really managing today

Well yeah, i figured that. However, Its not like Jerry to call a double steal......

there are little things that JM does when he really really wants a game - I can't describe that per se, it is an art, not a science playing baseball and reading JM - but the toss out and the 1st inning double steal indicated JM sure wanted to win the series againt the Twins -\

best thing is we won with only 3 hits - you don't do that all the time

I liked what JM did yesterday... but that wasn´t enough to our offense get it going... just 3 hits and 2 RBIs... When Frank Thomas will put a hurt for 2 days in a row... he belted a HR, 2b, 2 walks on Saturday but nothing yesterday 0-3, no walks, 1 K

Guest hotsoxchick1
Nossek is the "manager" but I swear every single time they showed a picture of him in the dugout he was on the phone.  The question is who was on the other end, Kenny or Jerry? :huh:

i can assure you it wasnt kw on the other end of the phone nor was he in the dugout or anywhere near the clubhouse yesterday......i had the pleasure of seeing him a few rows behind me the whole game... i went up to him and told him to get used to viewing the game from there and then went and sent my beer guy down to him with a beer..........he and jr had a few words from what i hear.. this was the second of many games that kw was "riding" the seats instead of the clubhouse phone..........its a nice change huh......... :) :headbang

i can assure you it wasnt kw on the other end of the phone nor was he in the dugout or anywhere near the clubhouse yesterday......i had the pleasure of seeing him a few rows behind me the whole game... i went up to him and told him to get used to viewing the game from there and then went and sent my beer guy down to him with a beer..........he and jr had a few words from what i hear.. this was the second of many games that kw was "riding" the seats instead of the clubhouse phone..........its a nice change huh......... :)  :headbang

It's a wonderful change. I've often thought the KW was drowning the real JM. I think there is a really good manager in there, somewhere. I ripped on him for not getting upset before so now I have to praise him for doing the right thing and putting up a fight for the team.

manuel managed as baggio said -

JM doesn't use a double steal much but it has been done before with him - you need smart enough baserunners to do it and it seems we do

Or a dumb enough catcher to forget that there was a runner on 3rd who will throw to 2B on strike 3 with 2 outs :rolleyes: