Loaiza

Chicagoislife_2003

Cy young is a big stretch, I have always liked Esteban, I have questioned whether he could carry his hot pitching later in the year(based on pased performance) he should well prove me and all his doubters wrong, go Esteban I believe.

First of all there's no way he'll win the Cy Young

It's early, but i'm not going to complain. We can use all the quality starts we can get. Hopefully he doesn't implode midseason, again...

Jinx off Koch This!!! but I have been convined that he has learnt and improved from passed mistakes.

Hmmm lets see. He IS 5-0 with a 1 era, so i will give him the benefit of the doubt and say he will go 14-12 with a 4.22 era? Better than i expected when we signed him. One thing you guys need to remember, this guys usually gets off to great starts and then tanks.

I am very well aware, he has shown he has turned something of a corner ever thus far though.

Hey, I watched him pitch today and he looked strong. I really hope that continues. I just wouldnt count on it.

Hey, I watched him pitch today and he looked strong. I really hope that continues.  I just wouldnt count on it.

I warned of doom last start, if I dare do it again, I'll get creamed, I hate to repeat myself by Loaiza has not only found some more pitches to throw with confidence, but he has kept the ball low so far and that has worked great also thus far(Little league as it may be). I am on the Loaiza turned a new leaf bandwagon despite being aware of past results.

I warbed of doom last start, if I dare do it again, I'll get creamed, I hate to repeat myself by Loaiza has not only found some more pitches to throw with confidence, but he has kept the ball low so far and that has worked great also thus far(Little league as it may be).  I am on the Loaiza turned a new leaf bandwagon despite being aware of past results.

The odds are against that, but who knows. :huh:

I have been cautiously optimistic when it comes to EL, but he keeps on keepin on, so far. Maybe the slap in the face of having absolutely no one offer you a major league contract, after being a #1 starter was enough to drive him to actually work harder this year and listen to what the coaches are saying, instead of just making the same annual mistakes.

Guest hotsoxchick1
Ok Sox fans,  Give it up.  Loaiza went out and dominated a good team.  He had the Twins hitters baffled.  I might be goin a lil OVERBOARD with my next comment.  But at this point who cares.  Estaban Loaiza for cy-young.... :finger

well there ya go .. you had to jinx him huh.......damnit.... cant you just praise him for the job well done and leave it at that.....lol lol lol ......... :D

well there ya go .. you had to jinx him huh.......damnit.... cant you just praise him for the job well done and leave it at that.....lol lol lol ......... :D

heather did that same crap to loaiza in balt...he had the shut out going and she goes.."lets get the shut out"...very next pitch..bam..right over the left field wall :angry:

we got a school these youngsters HSC...you donmt talk about crap like that ;)

It's just a matter of time before he has a bad start. Odds are it will happen sooner than later. Not because he's Esteban Loaiza, but just because he's a major league pitcher, and there aren't many guys who can put up some of the numbers that he has over a 5 game stretch.

The big thing I'm curious to see is how he will respond to a 3 IP, 6 ER or so game. That will be very telling.

It's just a matter of time before he has a bad start.  Odds are it will happen sooner than later.  Not because he's Esteban Loaiza, but just because he's a major league pitcher, and there aren't many guys who can put up some of the numbers that he has over a 5 game stretch. 

The big thing I'm curious to see is how he will respond to a 3 IP, 6 ER or so game.  That will be very telling.

exactly..if he has as bad outing or two then comes back with like 3 solid starts..estaban , you have arrived..

I like Stevie a lot too. Of course hes gonna have a bad start sooner or later but so what? Buerhle, Colon, Garland and Stewart have all suffered bad starts this season, hes bound to do the same. I doubt hell keep these number up (hey Bob Gibson did this in 68 and hes a hall of famer) but hell be a pretty reliable starter for us. For the sake of not jinxing him, I wont make any predictions... ;)

How about we let him face a real powerhouse of an offensive team before we actually believe what we see?

Detroit's offense is absolutely f***ing awful....KC is a fluke....and Minny's offense is quite pitiful at the moment as well.

I wanna see how he does against a team like the A's or the Yankees....a team that plays Earl Weaver ball....like us. Hell, even the Angels, M's, or Red Sox would be suitable. No one in our division aside from us is a powerhouse offense.

I'm obviously happy by the results...but if he can hold a team like the A's or Yanks to 3 or 4 runs....then I'll believe.

How about we let him face a real powerhouse of an offensive team before we actually believe what we see?

Detroit's offense is absolutely f***ing awful....KC is a fluke....and Minny's offense is quite pitiful at the moment as well.

I wanna see how he does against a team like the A's or the Yankees....a team that plays Earl Weaver ball....like us.  Hell, even the Angels, M's, or Red Sox would be suitable.  No one in our division aside from us is a powerhouse offense. 

I'm obviously happy by the results...but if he can hold a team like the A's or Yanks to 3 or 4 runs....then I'll believe.

KC's record is a fluke...because they might have the worst pitching in the AL outside of tampa..they are pitching way ovwer their heads....but not too many people are questioning the royals offense...beltran ,randa, ibanez , harvey , and that other guy that absolutely kills us...they have a solid offense

I wanna see how he does against a team like the A's or the Yankees....a team that plays Earl Weaver ball....like us.  Hell, even the Angels, M's, or Red Sox would be suitable.  No one in our division aside from us is a powerhouse offense. 

KC's record is a fluke...because they might have the worst pitching in the AL outside of tampa..they are pitching way ovwer their heads....but not too many people are questioning the royals offense...beltran ,randa, ibanez , harvey , and that other guy that absolutely kills us...they have a solid offense

I'll agree that KC's offense is good...and IMO, the second best in the AL Central....but it is still nothing compared to Oakland or New York.....or for that matter, even Boston, Seattle, and Anaheim.

Anyone will agree that Mike Sweeney's a helluva hitter. Ibanez and Beltran are both good. Randa is not a great hitter...hell, he isn't even a good hitter...but he does a lot of things right. And Harvey has a bright future.....but he's still a rookie.

The other guy that kills us....Berroa....or is it Mayne? Maybe Michael Tucker? There seem to be a few guys on that team who hit the ball hard against us.

I was happy to see their bullpen get lit up. Went into the 9th with a 9-4 lead....and lost the game. LMAO